New to the Forum

Hi All,been on here about a month,thought it time to introduce myself.had my second 987.1 Cayman S for about 3 months now.first one three years ago an early 06 on a 55 plate didn't do my home work and got stung with massive bore score issues.happy to say this one is fine.came pretty standard in Artic silver,only visible change it came lowered on Techart springs.since then I've had it detailed a little in gloss black which includes wheels,air intakes,mirrors and rear spoiler.and last week I had a Remus stainless system fitted and a remap.will fire a few pics on when I get the chance.looking forward to getting to no everybody and learning new tips etc Andy.

• Like 1

lol have you been looking in my car i have the side decals will be fitted at the end of the month off to detailers first for a brush up on the paintwork.

• Like 1

• Administrators

The black wheels look good on the R, I think the silver rim just breaks it up a bit.  Love the car Andy, welcome!! 

Thanks guys for the feedback.i no black wheels are not everybodys cup of tea.i just looked at the car when i bought it and thought its just to much silver.im not a million miles off where i want to be now.side decals to fit.and probably a set of zunsport grilles.front and back would love the aero kit rear spoiler but as you no the price is just plain silly.anybody no of a good replica.

Andy, have a look at the shape of my rear spoiler, I think the shape really compliments the Caymans arse. it is a cheapo copy of a Jaqueamond. cost £80 from fleabay. its good quality fibreglass but the threaded mounting inserts are not brilliantly aligned. ( wot should I expect for £80). my mates body shop prepped, etch primed, flatted and 2 packed it in Cobalt Blue for £100.

I wrote a forum feature on fitting it.

hope this helps. Steve.

The colour scheme looks good to me, but a nice silver edge to the rim (a la PCR / Spyder) would just break the black wheels up a touch and make them look less heavy. Nicely mod'd too!

• Like 1

Silver car eh??? Very unusual these days what with all these black, white... crayon (!*?£#) ones.

Silver is classic, easy to keep clean. Black wheels seem to lose definition. I prefer anthracite or my Platinum, but it's all a matter of individual taste.

:welcome: