New owner who still can't wipe grin off face!

mikeijay

That’s where I got mine too :5_smiley:. A gen 2 base. Did you get a pack of sausages with it too? Good bunch there, dead helpful. The grin doesn’t go. I’ve driven the wheels off mine since I got it. Love yours. An S, cool!

CA6C4259-E0FF-42B4-9B59-3DAF2285B93C.jpeg

Edited by Buggyjam
  • Like 1

Great looking Cayman enjoy ! When I first drove mine I thought the same about it being a grown up MR2 I had MK1 and MK2 Rev 2 fun cars to own. Enjoy your new car.

Edited by phil27

• Founder

:welcome:  

Lovely looking car!  

Just an observation, I notice the decals on both the cars posted above have been put on differently to the factory position, there's normally a gap between the inner edge of the wheel arch and the edge of the sticker.  And yes, i'm anal with the decals since having some custom made for another car.  

12 hours ago, Beanoir said:

:welcome:  

Lovely looking car!  

Just an observation, I notice the decals on both the cars posted above have been put on differently to the factory position, there's normally a gap between the inner edge of the wheel arch and the edge of the sticker.  And yes, i'm anal with the decals since having some custom made for another car.  

I noticed that too only way after I bought it. I didn’t even know there was an R that had the real ones until after the fact:1_grinning:. I’ll be honest I actually prefer it with the line unbroken (takes cover). I’m not fussed on looking like a real R as I didn’t even know R stripes existed until afterwards :8_laughing:.  Man in the street won’t either I suppose, had one bloke ask me if it was a Carrera or turbo ha ha. It is de badged to be fair to him and he was a gent.

When I come to replace them I might consider breaking the line up a bit as per the original stripes but on the fence. I also don’t like the stock R stripes, too thin in my opinion. I think mine are clearly dodgy copies. I actually like them a bit more deep. I’m going straight to Porsche hell ha

Edited by Buggyjam

Thanks all for the lovely welcome! :1_grinning:

When I went to look at it I said how much I loved the stickers the guys from Ashgood explained that they put them on so I am guessing they did the same on your car Buggyjam? I noticed it too and much prefer the unbroken line as the R looks a bit squat with the gap (not that I would ever kick an R out of bed for eating crackers!!)

I have a feeling knowing how precise those guys are, it was no mistake. They too probably thought it looks better instead of trimming the strikers at the flat part of the wheel arch... also it helps easily identify a genuine R from an imposter like mine! haha

.....and there were FREEE sausages??? Why wasn't I informed??? hehe I bet they were really tasty as well! !:15_yum: Knew I should have negotiated harder!

12 minutes ago, mikeijay said:

Thanks all for the lovely welcome! :1_grinning:

When I went to look at it I said how much I loved the stickers the guys from Ashgood explained that they put them on so I am guessing they did the same on your car Buggyjam? I noticed it too and much prefer the unbroken line as the R looks a bit squat with the gap (not that I would ever kick an R out of bed for eating crackers!!)

I have a feeling knowing how precise those guys are, it was no mistake. They too probably thought it looks better instead of trimming the strikers at the flat part of the wheel arch... also it helps easily identify a genuine R from an imposter like mine! haha

.....and there were FREEE sausages??? Why wasn't I informed??? hehe I bet they were really tasty as well! !:15_yum: Knew I should have negotiated harder!

Yeah they gave me a voucher to take to the farm shop next door when he gave me the keys. Butcher said “see, buy a pack of sausages and you get a free Porsche” :6_smile:. I throughly enjoyed the day picking it up. They made the experience quite special. Can’t see me ever wanting to swap mine but if I did I’d be back there. I drove mine from London all the way up to Stranraer to Scotland to catch the Ferry. Epic journey.

I’m the same re the stickers, I wouldn’t like to think an R driver thought I was trying to convincingly make it look like one so I prefer it to be an obvious dodgier impression, if that makes any sense ha. Bet you’re right, they prob did fit mine, that’s good to know as I might ask them where they got them if I ever need to replace.

17 minutes ago, Buggyjam said:

I drove mine from London all the way up to Stranraer to Scotland to catch the Ferry. Epic journey

WOW - now that's legendary! I only had to drive mine back to SW London... got home and kept on driving and driving! hehe 

This morning I went out to park her in another spot as I dont have a parking permit yet... ended up 10 miles away from Brighton before I decided to turn back and actually get some work done! WAY Too addictive! hehe  

• Founder
3 hours ago, Buggyjam said:

I noticed that too only way after I bought it. I didn’t even know there was an R that had the real ones until after the fact:1_grinning:. I’ll be honest I actually prefer it with the line unbroken (takes cover). I’m not fussed on looking like a real R as I didn’t even know R stripes existed until afterwards :8_laughing:.  Man in the street won’t either I suppose, had one bloke ask me if it was a Carrera or turbo ha ha. It is de badged to be fair to him and he was a gent.

When I come to replace them I might consider breaking the line up a bit as per the original stripes but on the fence. I also don’t like the stock R stripes, too thin in my opinion. I think mine are clearly dodgy copies. I actually like them a bit more deep. I’m going straight to Porsche hell ha

:Just_Cuz_06:

• Founder
Just now, Buggyjam said:

Que? Apologies if I’ve annoyed you somehow, it was only light hearted

and a lighthearted response :)  

Car looks great, to be honest apart from the gap i'm not noticing any difference - i think the stripes look good on the Cayman, i'd put them on whether it was an R or not. 

21 minutes ago, mikeijay said:

WOW - now that's legendary! I only had to drive mine back to SW London... got home and kept on driving and driving! hehe 

This morning I went out to park her in another spot as I dont have a parking permit yet... ended up 10 miles away from Brighton before I decided to turn back and actually get some work done! WAY Too addictive! hehe  

It was a great trip right until a  lorry on the other side of the road chucked a stone into the window but part of the adventure I suppose :13_upside_down:. I bet that S absolutely flies. Mines just a base and feels quick to me, mind you I’ve not much to compare it with ha. 

7 minutes ago, Beanoir said:

and a lighthearted response :)  

Car looks great, to be honest apart from the gap i'm not noticing any difference - i think the stripes look good on the Cayman, i'd put them on whether it was an R or not. 

Ah no worries my fault - I was a bit slow on the uptake there :14_relaxed:

Edited by Buggyjam

Both nice looking cars - fake stripes or not !! Who cares - its your Porsche, you've worked for it so do what ever pleases you. Personally, I like the stripes. Welcome to the club - love mine to bits too and can't wait to get it taxed and out from hibernation next month.