Centre rad and grille

I have a manual 987.2 S and it has no centre front grille, and therefore I assume no Centre radiator. 

I have previously understood that the Centre rad is for the PDK ‘box’, thus not needed in manuals. 

However, I’ve been reading a book on the development of 987 models (boxster and cayman), which indicates that all 987.2 S models had a centre grille and rad irrespective of whether it was a manual or PDK. 

So....

quick survey, if you have a 987.2 S manual, does it have a Centre rad and grille?

Cheers, Jason

‘Bump’ 

who has a manual 987 S, and does it have a centre grille and rad?

im asking because I’m suddenly having a paranoia moment of ‘has my car been front ended at some point in its life and cheaply repaired...?????’

• Founder

That book is probably based on US market cars and specs, I’m guessing as I haven’t read it. 

I always thought, and again I could be wrong, that centre rads were specific to 3.4 PDK cars on the 987.2.  Some manual cars did come with a centre rad where they were built for a hotter climate, so possibly North America is included there and hence why I question the book.   

My CR had no grill in the centre of the bumper, just a plastic insert, and certainly no radiator behind it.  

I reallly wouldn’t worry Jason, if it was supposed to have one it suspect I still would even after a ‘dodgy’ repair.  

Thanks Nick, that helps. 

The book is written such that it highlights many market / region specific differences between models.  It’s a fascinating read actually about the boxster / cayman evolution right from the 986 (if you’re a bit geeky) ?

I guess the author can be excused for some minor errors ???

On 03/11/2018 at 20:18, Windymiller said:

Thanks all - sets my mind at rest ??

Manual cars don't have one but you can still install a OEM 3rd radiator if you track your car.