H&R M030 sport springs...?

I didn’t think there was an ‘M030’ sport springs set for the 987, but apparently porschshop sell them from H&R...

https://www.porscheshop.co.uk/h-r-m030-performance-lowering-spring-kit-10mm-all-2005-2012.html

im thinking these paired with Bilstein B6s 🤔

im not looking for a lot of lowering ‘a la’ the 35mm lowering H&R springs (which are different to these springs), saw them on a 997 this week and think they looked too ‘slammed’ - I’m more interested in better ‘road manners’ that will be reasonable on a track day - rather than a ‘track weapon’ that’s then compromised on the road. 

Anybody fitted these M030 springs to a 987?

im wondering if these are equivalent to the ‘R’ springs as they only drop by 10mm?

I've got Vogtland lowering springs on my 350z GT (still German quality) which do the same job imo

Found these?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PORSCHE-CAYMAN-987-Springs-Ride-height-VOGTLAND/112168638484?hash=item1a1dc59814:g:1nwAAOSw32lYy~SE:rk:4:pf:0

Interesting string here gents....just bought new wheels for the CS (18" still), and am thinking about lowering a little (but not a lot...I like the handling/ride on the road as is, only do a couple of track days each year). Numpty question; if new springs are fitted, what else needs doing (I have PASM)?

Cheers

57 minutes ago, Dougle_turbo said:

I thought the Cayman R was 20mm lower than standard?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Indeed, it is...

I gather the spring heights don't exactly match how low the car will actually sit...

1 hour ago, Craiglm68 said:

Interesting string here gents....just bought new wheels for the CS (18" still), and am thinking about lowering a little (but not a lot...I like the handling/ride on the road as is, only do a couple of track days each year). Numpty question; if new springs are fitted, what else needs doing (I have PASM)?

Cheers

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's my understanding that fitting aftermarket springs renders the PASM useless iirc?

1 hour ago, Mavrik said:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's my understanding that fitting aftermarket springs renders the PASM useless iirc?

Lowering springs and PASM is no problem, I was chatting with CoG about it a few months ago.

8 hours ago, Mavrik said:

Thanks Marvik,

i think the first ones are perhaps the same springs that Bilstein use in its B12 ‘matched’ shocks and springs set - they dont get great reviews as a ‘paired’ set. 

The 2nd ones seem the same type of H&R 10mm lower M030 springs as my original link. So I’ve taken the H&R part no off the photo and emailed H&R USA for some spec details as I couldn’t find these actual springs using that part no on the H&R website. 

Will report back if/when I have a response. 

Thanks Marvik,

i think the first ones are perhaps the same springs that Bilstein use in its B12 ‘matched’ shocks and springs set - they dont get great reviews as a ‘paired’ set. 

The 2nd ones seem the same type of H&R 10mm lower M030 springs as my original link. So I’ve taken the H&R part no off the photo and emailed H&R USA for some spec details as I couldn’t find these actual springs using that part no on the H&R website. 

Will report back if/when I have a response. 

I've got Vogtland lowering springs on my 350z GT (still German quality) which do the same job imo

Found these?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PORSCHE-CAYMAN-987-Springs-Ride-height-VOGTLAND/112168638484?hash=item1a1dc59814:g:1nwAAOSw32lYy~SE:rk:4:pf:0

Thanks, still think that would be too low, and I’m not seeking cosmetic lowering effects, but a better ‘fast road’ handling and ride, with some associated improvement on track. 

I actually really like the ‘stance’ of the R and the 987.1 sport on their sports suspensions. Anyone know if the 987.1 sport and the 987.2 R have the same suspension?🤔

6 hours ago, Craiglm68 said:

Cheers

From my reading around the subject, depending on which springs and how low you drop you may need a shortened piston length damper (shock absorber) to accommodate the shorter spring (ie to prevent spring becoming unseated when damper at full extension), and you may need to change / modify the ‘bumpstops’. 

Best to seek pro advice on this would be my recommendation unless you’re buying a ‘matched’ set of springs and dampers. 

• Like 1

I remain pleased with the H&R Sport Spring set, https://flat6motorsports.com/products/h-r-sport-springs-987-cayman-cayman-s, that was installed together with Bilstein B6 dampers, front and rear.  My C-S is lowered between 2 and 3 inches at most.  Wheels are 18" Champions.

IMG_0599.JPG

20 hours ago, jdavis8361 said:

I remain pleased with the H&R Sport Spring set, https://flat6motorsports.com/products/h-r-sport-springs-987-cayman-cayman-s, that was installed together with Bilstein B6 dampers, front and rear.  My C-S is lowered between 2 and 3 inches at most.  Wheels are 18" Champions.

IMG_0599.JPG

That does look good JD, not as ‘slammed’ as the 997 on H&Rs that I saw at the ACE cafe this week - but I do think it’s a little lower than I want to go...🤔

The R and Sport models sit just right for me. 

I wonder if R springs can be used with S shocks?

35mm is too much of a drop, the car starts to become not usable in some conditions.

15mm is just right in my opition, so this kit seems right:

https://www.porscheshop.co.uk/h-r-m030-performance-lowering-spring-kit-10mm-all-2005-2012.html

May give it a try this year if budget permits a new set of wheels as well.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, morghen said:

35mm is too much of a drop, the car starts to become not usable in some conditions.

15mm is just right in my opition, so this kit seems right:

May give it a try this year if budget permits a new set of wheels as well.

I agree, and that’s the spring set in my original post, which brings us back to the question of whether anyone has actually fitted these specific ‘M030’ springs to a 987.

i didnt think there was an M030 option for the 987. If these were originally made for the 986 (boxster), then are they suitable for the 987 cayman?

no reply yet received from H&R to the email enquiry I sent them. 

Edited by Windymiller
Typo

22 hours ago, eponymoose said:

I've never been able to find those 10mm H&R springs in their listings.

Re the Eibach springs, I had them with a B12 kit and they were quite simply the wrong spec. Dropped the front too much to the point that it ran out of travel and drove very, very badly. I repaced the springs with the H&R 35mm kit. I thought they were a whiff too low up front too, but that was more a matter of opinion. They drove well.

The option I am considering for my current 987 is Cayman R or Spyder springs for a 20mm (they are similar spec / spring rates). I think they need a few extra parts to fit them, but could be a nice compromise between the lowering kits that take the car a bit too low and the 10mm H&R which is probably a bit conservative...

I agree, I think the R sits just right 👍🏻

Have you got a price for R springs anywhere in the U.K.?  They all seem POA. Would R springs be ok with standard (S) factory shocks? Or are R shocks different to S?

I see Carnewal do the full spyder suspension for €1995 (£1780), is that the same as the R set up?

Thats about 40% more than say B6/B8s with the H&R springs. 

• 9 months later...

Has anyone gone ahead with this for a 987.2?

Euro car parts indicates its a match?  Most writeups seems to indicate its a fit for 986 with only some hits of compatility to 987 and even then not clear if 987.1 or 987.2.

https://www.eurocarparts.com/p/h-r-spring-kit-981339871