Windscreen wiper blades.

My 987.2 Cayman is probably due for new wiper blades, it’s a 2011 car and may still be fitted with the originals. I could just replace them with Porsche items but I’ve been quite impressed with the ‘aero’ style blades fitted to my Audi - has anyone fitted ‘aero’ style blades to their Cayman, if so what brand did you use and are you pleased with them?

Thanks.

I was under the impression that the wiper blades are made by Bosch?

Don't think Porsche actually make them?

I just used Bosch ‘old style’ ones bought from wiperblades.co.uk.

Not used aero style on the cayman, but have used Valeo and Bosch aftermarket aero style (also from wiperblades.co.uk) on the family bus, which have worked very well.  

Passenger side is curved, so when you use a normal straight blade it would hit the trim unless you move your wiper arm up a bit?

GSF car parts do the original spec ones with the curve for £24.84 on Ebay:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Porsche-Cayman-2005-2016-987-Bosch-Wiper-Blade-Set-Windscreen-Replacement/302065126307?fits=Car+Make%3APorsche|Model%3ACayman|Plat_Gen%3A987&epid=22026453818&hash=item46547c0ba3:g:oOAAAOSwHgdav6Kz

Thanks for your replies chaps. I think it would irritate me if there was any juddering so that may rule out the silicon blades. I hadn’t realised that one was curved so thanks for the tip on that and the eBay link. I think I’ll stick with Bosch.

Thanks all.

09 bought new.....on my 4th set of blades 2 oems ,one aftermarket expensive,one aftermarket cheapees ...........oem's last the longest and hands down the best but most expensive . if you buy the cheapees every year you will be ahead of the money curve ,right now i have oem,s because the dealer threw me a freebee 

IIRC... I got my Bosch wipers from GSF... As @GlosRich says the nearside wiper is slightly more curved (due to the design of the windscreeen)

I do believe that Halfrauds sell them too :35_thinking: