76mm plastic wheel Centre caps.......

Someone on Boxa.net was talking about that.

Are they on Alibaba or wish?

Make that guy on boxa.net selling them for £20 seem a bit cheeky.

9 hours ago, GlosRich said:

Someone on Boxa.net was talking about that.

Are they on Alibaba or wish?

Make that guy on boxa.net selling them for £20 seem a bit cheeky.

Yes - And very happy to put link up and share when i know they are good. And not before !

What does that make people on ebay selling then at £40 + postage then ? 😂

I got mine from Reason Porsche for about £40 and thought that was a bargain (compared to OPC).  @ £6.86 you could change them every week and save yourself the bother of ever washing them again...! 🤪

Look forward to hearing from you Syer as you their quality when they arrive. 

59 minutes ago, Windymiller said:

I got mine from Reason Porsche for about £40 and thought that was a bargain (compared to OPC).  @ £6.86 you could change them every week and save yourself the bother of ever washing them again...! 🤪

Look forward to hearing from you Syer as you their quality when they arrive. 

Absolutely ! But what would I do at weekends then 🙄

I’d have to think at that price Reasons are non genuine too. It’s too far wide of the mark price wise imo.....

The OE caps are made by an Italian company (can't remember their name).  A decent wheel refurb place will be able to refurb your hub caps as long as the crest is in good shape.

9 minutes ago, Aaron said:

The OE caps are made by an Italian company (can't remember their name).  A decent wheel refurb place will be able to refurb your hub caps as long as the crest is in good shape.

THe ones from reason porsche have made in Italy on the rear and were identical to the original ones I removed 🤔

I think the ones I bought had made in Italy on the back also.

Just shows the massive parts markup Porsche put on them, even though they put them in a nice box instead of a bag.

59 minutes ago, GlosRich said:

I think the ones I bought had made in Italy on the back also.

Just shows the massive parts markup Porsche put on them, even though they put them in a nice box instead of a bag.

Indeed, I had the same experience when replacing the tyre-weld bottle after a flat. From OPC with Porsche badge on the bottle was >£60 if I remember correctly. 

From eBay after a google search of the manufacturers part number on the original bottle got me a Skoda badged bottle of EXACTLY the same stuff delivered to my door from Germany for <£40. 

Also the very same Ctek MXS 5.0 charger that many of us have for around £70 including all the accessory attachments retails for £140 in an OPC with ‘PORSCHE’ written on it, and doesn’t even come with the 12v socket adaptor! 🤨

also why CP4L textar brake pads are half the price as the same textar pads in a Porsche box from an OPC. 🤔

all frequently referred to as ‘Porsche Tax’ 🙄

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

9 days postage from China !

Not sure if these are 'quite as good" as the ones i paid £40 or £45 for (?)

But if anyone wants them - and to try them out - i'll post these 1st Class to your door for my exact costs (£10 all in for 4 caps) and "you" can then report back to the group maybe.......??

LAJC2pD.jpg

wh1FcjN.jpg

• Like 1

I have a set of the £40 quid ones in this colour but took them off as fitted the £40 gold/red/black ones.

It is ridiculous what some people can charge for supplying these but equally that some folk do actually buy the massively "marked up" ones 😅

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, __djk said:

Do you have the link to these please? I can only find ones that are £40+ online.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000706884966.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.11664c4dN6gVlg

👍 Worth a shot at less than £7 with quick delivery from my experience.....

• 2 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Whenever I buy new centre caps I always remove the coloured crests (Easy to do, they almost pop out usung a small screwdriver from the rear through the 2 small removal holes) and use a rattle can to spray lacquer. Evostick them back on. Lasts for years.