Driver's window closing issue

Hi,

My window will lower all the way to the bottom, without issue. When I try to raise it, it will go about 3/4 of the way up, then drop to about 1/4. If I try again from that position, it will raise to 3/4 then stop. Only at the third attempt will it go all the way up. It does this whether I use one touch close or keep my finger on it. It still drops the few cm when opening/closing the door, as normal.

Anyone come across this problem and manage to resolve it? As I can close the window, it's more of an irritation, rather than a major issue. It's done this for as long as I can remember.

I've tried to hold the button pressed for 10 seconds, once raised all the way to the top as that is supposed to reset the top position, but it hasn't worked.

Cheers,

Bryan

This procedure might be of help - and sounds different to what you’ve tried.

Also a few stating what ultimately fixed their issue: if the reset procedure fails.

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/996-turbo-gt2/85470-need-help-window-reset.html

• Like 1

Could try cleaning out and  putting silicone grease on the rubber frame on the a pillar, I had a similar issue and it was due to the sensor thinking there was an obstruction 

12 hours ago, Mavrik said:

@briggy

Did you sort this?

Afraid not. I do know that's it not an obstruction on the pillar as the same thing happens with the door open. I've yet to try the other suggestions.

Strangely, it worked perfectly on one occasion recently, but same problem most of the time.

Edited by briggy

Make sure you check /put silicone grease on the section of the rubber window guide at the bottom that is attached to the door, that was where mine was getting obstructed, by a very small piece of rubber that had worn off

• Thanks 1

Ok, I've fixed this. Nothing too complicated, pretty much what Ben said. Just cleaned all the rubbers, digging in as deep as I could get. I didn't find any obstruction, but it's now working perfectly.

Cheers,

Bryan

• Like 1

2 hours ago, briggy said:

Ok, I've fixed this. Nothing too complicated, pretty much what Ben said. Just cleaned all the rubbers, digging in as deep as I could get. I didn't find any obstruction, but it's now working perfectly.

Cheers,

Bryan

Thanks for reporting back Bryan. I think I need to do this and spray the rubber guides with silicone As my passenger window ‘squeals’ when rising but only on warm summer days, when I gues the rubbers expand in the heat and grip the glass more 🤔