Lowering springs finally in

I did hear that the Eibach's weren't a particularly good match with standard Bilstein struts? 

I went with H&R (only because everyone else does lol)

It does sit well & looks great with the Fuchs style rims... Is the colour BRG?

• Like 1

On 30/06/2020 at 15:03, Mavrik said:

I did hear that the Eibach's weren't a particularly good match with standard Bilstein struts? 

I went with H&R (only because everyone else does lol)

It does sit well & looks great with the Fuchs style rims... Is the colour BRG?

##I did a bit of research re Eibach V H&R, reviews on both typically positive, main differences seem possibly to be around post install ride height and maybe feel (the 2 brands are a bit "different" to each other)...my mechanic asked around and recommended the Eibachs. New bump stops, top mounts, seals  and one or 2 other inexpensive gubbins, and she's riding lower, and I think more comfortably on the road, as well as sharper on the track (I've PASM). As for colour, unless the sun is shining, she looks black, otherwise it's "Dark Olive Metallic"

Edited by Craiglm68
  • Like 1

Very nice and aggressive looking.  Seems really low.  1 finger height?  ARe you on stock dampers?

I changed mine last Dec to B8s and R springs.  They are fully settled now at 2 finger height.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Liongolfer said:

Very nice and aggressive looking.  Seems really low.  1 finger height?  ARe you on stock dampers?

I changed mine last Dec to B8s and R springs.  They are fully settled now at 2 finger height.

Where did you get the r springs? I have a set of b8s in the shed which I need to fit at some point. I want to pair them with r springs like you. 

How does that setup work? Good? 

2 hours ago, Lennym1984 said:

Where did you get the r springs? I have a set of b8s in the shed which I need to fit at some point. I want to pair them with r springs like you. 

How does that setup work? Good? 

I definitely like them. Slightly firmer than stock but not a hard ride by any means.  Gives a more planted feeling overall.  Important for me as well is the drop is not a slammed look and I've got no trouble with scrapes.  I got them from FCP Euro iirc.

Edited by Liongolfer

19 hours ago, Liongolfer said:

##Yep, standard PASM

• 5 months later...

@Craiglm68

About to invest in some Eibach's - i think. Most go H+R....but i've had great success with Eibach's on two other cars. And as i'll be 99.99% road-based i think this is the way i'll go.

Can you tell me what drop / kit number you went with - was it a:  E10-72-008-01-22

Hope you're well.

Cheers - Shuv.

• 2 weeks later...
On 09/12/2020 at 15:09, sevenfourate said:

@Craiglm68

About to invest in some Eibach's - i think. Most go H+R....but i've had great success with Eibach's on two other cars. And as i'll be 99.99% road-based i think this is the way i'll go.

Can you tell me what drop / kit number you went with - was it a:  E10-72-008-01-22

Hope you're well.

Cheers - Shuv.

Big Man, sorry for the delay, been AWOL (and at Goodwood yesterday....a little slippery in places!). I will have to check the packing they came in

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Craiglm68 said:

Big Man, sorry for the delay, been AWOL (and at Goodwood yesterday....a little slippery in places!). I will have to check the packing they came in

Don't apologise my friend.

Sounds fun - good day ? Car going well ?

**No need on Springs part no now. I've long ago ordered now and should be here any day (Eibach factory well behind schedule with being short-staffed from Covid). Cheers - and a very Merry Xmas to you and yours 😎

• Like 1