Tritons Modified Cayman S

TritonII

Will be following your thread. 

I always like a good readers car thread.. 

Would like more details and pics of the mods please 😁

Good luck.... 

Looks good Triton, you're well located for Castle Combe or Thruxton, so look forward to seeing you there.

I've just done Thruxton and it was great fun. Was £150 with Motorsportevents.com

22 minutes ago, GlosRich said:

Looks good Triton, you're well located for Castle Combe or Thruxton, so look forward to seeing you there.

I've just done Thruxton and it was great fun. Was £150 with Motorsportevents.com

Yes thanks...…….  it is on the radar but still need to get more accustomed to the car first before being unleashed on a track!  Crazy how quickly time flies past with work and other hobbies, I haven't driven it for 10 days!!  Going to rectify that this week.

I read the posts in the track section and I am inspired by the contributors so think it is only a matter of time...….

On ‎05‎/‎07‎/‎2020 at 08:01, Tozerman said:

Will be following your thread. 

I always like a good readers car thread.. 

Would like more details and pics of the mods please 😁

Good luck.... 

Yes.... I'll work on that and update in due course.

The below link is on the website of the business that modified my car and gives an overview of the modifications and a few additional pictures as well as the opinion of one of their customers who borrowed the car for a few hours whilst theirs was being serviced.  This is my car!

https://www.pieperformance.co.uk/_webedit/uploaded-files/All Files/blogs/Cayman_CW.pdf

On ‎06‎/‎07‎/‎2020 at 13:24, TritonII said:

The below link is on the website of the business that modified my car and gives an overview of the modifications and a few additional pictures as well as the opinion of one of their customers who borrowed the car for a few hours whilst theirs was being serviced.  This is my car!

https://www.pieperformance.co.uk/_webedit/uploaded-files/All Files/blogs/Cayman_CW.pdf

Wow that car looks fabulous. I love the stance with those wheels, what are they?

Are they a standard size? Standard tyre sizes??

2 hours ago, racer said:

Wow that car looks fabulous. I love the stance with those wheels, what are they?

Are they a standard size? Standard tyre sizes??

I'm not overly knowledgeable about the Cayman so cannot confirm if my wheels and tyres are standard sizing, but can confirm what is fitted to my car.

Oz Alleggerita Titanium wheels in 8 x 18 front and 10 x 18 rear.  Tyres are 235 / 40 front and 265 / 40 rear, Michelin PSPT2 N4.

The wheels really do make the car look outstanding, in my opinion, thanks for the positive comments.

• Like 1

Great ride, and write up in the article, congratulations! You should bring her to Beaulieu for Simply Porsche late September, a few of us are going.

15 hours ago, Craiglm68 said:

Great ride, and write up in the article, congratulations! You should bring her to Beaulieu for Simply Porsche late September, a few of us are going.

Thanks for the positive comments, I have booked tickets for Beaulieu, not sure whether we will be in mine or my girlfriends 718!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Andrea said:

Awesome car! Would love to see in in the flesh! 

Thanks, I'm sure that will be possible at one of the meets :27_sunglasses:

• 2 months later...

Apologies for a complete lack of contact for a few months after my very enthusiastic entry to the ownership of my first Porsche.

Unfortunately personal circumstances have distracted me and had me separated physically from the car so I haven't had chance to drive or work on it since my last post.  I am signed up for Simply Porsche at the weekend but with the ramping up of Covid lockdown measures again I'm not convinced the event will be as I might have hoped.  In any event due to the above issues it is unlikely I would be bringing the Cayman anyway.  Fortunately I have the good fortune to be chauffered in a 992 911 if we do decide to still attend, so life isn't all that bad.

In respect of my Cayman, for those who may be interested, it is featured in the latest issue of Porsche & 911 magazine, article was written before my ownership whilst still in the hands of the creator.

Maybe we will see some other members on Sunday if we make the journey.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, TritonII said:

In respect of my Cayman, for those who may be interested, it is featured in the latest issue of Porsche & 911 magazine, article was written before my ownership whilst still in the hands of the creator.

I read it! They were very cagey about the suspension but I assume from what they were saying that it is running on Bilstein B8s with some lowering springs and fancy ARBs. Other than the stiffness, what is it like?

21 hours ago, Lennym1984 said:

I read it! They were very cagey about the suspension but I assume from what they were saying that it is running on Bilstein B8s with some lowering springs and fancy ARBs. Other than the stiffness, what is it like?

Hi @Lennym1984, I can't be confident that it is B8's or confirm the amount of lowering, definitely non standard ARBs.  They were cagey with me too about some of the set up as they want to sell it as a performance package rather than inform everyone else how to achieve the outcome of their research and investment.

Unfortunately as said in previous comments I have driven it so little so far that it is hard for me to comment and the various write-ups have probably had more seat time in it than I have.  But in my limited opinion it is low, I've not been into town around speed humps yet but even a slight angle change coming out of our small estate has the front air deflectors below the front lip scraping the tarmac.  I'm not sure it is a car I would want as a daily, the suspension is very stiff, not uncomfortable or unpleasant when you want to drive this sort of car but if you weren't in the mood for it or wowed (like I am) every time you get in a car like this then I think it could get annoying, you get solid road feedback from every bump.  There is almost no body roll at the speeds I have cornered so far and it just pulls like a train, effortless and crying out for open road.

It's still early days and I hope to get the car closer to me over the next few weeks at which point I can start to fettle and drive it more.  I think without doubt once Covid has eased (whenever that might be) this car will end up on the track, it's the only place I am going to be able to experience what it really can do.  I'm definitely not doing it justice at the moment and that is something I want to rectify.

Thanks for the interest.

• 4 weeks later...

Finally my car is back with me and have been able to get out and drive it. Car reminded me of my lack of attention by throwing up a warning for a blown sidelight bulb, so this was my first job on the car.

Simple task as many of you will know but I managed to break one of the plastic trim clips holding the fog light trim.  Don't suppose anyone has a part number or a suggested source for replacements?  I have searched on line but not found the right part yet.

I'll be going back through other build threads now to look at the bulb choices ready for when I get the trim off again to replace the broken clips.

Fog Light Trim Clip (2).jpg

Assuming you still have the broken clip, try this.

Clean the damaged contact area with IPA, apply a liberal coating of super glue then immediately sprinkle the join with baking soda, another coat of glue then one more dusting of baking soda.

Nothing to lose.

1 hour ago, Rob63 said:

Assuming you still have the broken clip, try this.

Clean the damaged contact area with IPA, apply a liberal coating of super glue then immediately sprinkle the join with baking soda, another coat of glue then one more dusting of baking soda.

Nothing to lose.

Thanks, I'm not sure if I still have the broken piece!! The rest of the old clip is back in the car doing half a job! 😄