Newbie from East Lancs, 987.1 S

Milos

Hello all,

Thought I'd introduce myself. Been lurking and visiting for while but now I have bought a 2006 S, I'll jump in with both feet. Just this week I've taken posession of a siver 'S', 100k miles so nicely run-in 😁. One or two minor niggles to sort out but very happy with it. Looking forward to tweaking and improving and getting involved in discussions.

Thanks for the welcome. Still early days but I'm really pleased with the car. It's always a leap of faith with a thoroughly used car but it drives really well. Sorted the boot release switch (slight water ingress and corrosion on the contacts), frunk light not working (bulb OK but harness not connected!?). Now need to adjust the driver's side window. Rear upper corner of the glass just catching the fixed quarter light. Maybe tweak the glass or the regulator up a couple of mm at the back? I'll grab some pics and upload over the next few days. 

• Like 1

By eck lad wha’s tha, know owt or nowt? Where in Lancs are you? I’ve got family in Burnley, Colne and Fence. Used to live in Nelson myself once upon a time, moved away in ‘89 as soon as I could leave home (ran away and joined the Navy 😉). 

it’s looking cold up north 🥶 And your new P&J looks lovely in the silver 🤩👍🏻

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Windymiller said:

By eck lad wha’s tha, know owt or nowt? Where in Lancs are you? I’ve got family in Burnley, Colne and Fence. Used to live in Nelson myself once upon a time, moved away in ‘89 as soon as I could leave home (ran away and joined the Navy 😉). 

it’s looking cold up north 🥶 And your new P&J looks lovely in the silver 🤩👍🏻

Na' then! I live in Burnley as it happens although not born and bred (grew up in Cheshire near Stockport but don't tell anyone 😉). I like the area, not far from the Yorkshire Dales and Ribble Valley with the Lake District just a bit further. Silver probably not my first choice but I do think it looks good in it. It is my P&J but I'm trying not to be too precious - I don't want the worry to spoil my enjoyment of it. After all, it's done 102k now, costs a fair bit in road tax (although bugger all to insure), so I am going to use it. Puts a smile on my face every time 😊

• Like 1

These cars are good at putting that smile on your face, and good for you - buy it to drive it. 😃

when I’m next up there in mine perhaps we could meet up. If you fancy a run out in warmer climes and a great bacon bap get out on the A59 between Gisburn and West Marton - my sister and bro-in law (Tony) own the Dick Turpin butty van in the lay-by on the left hand side ~3miles out from Gisburn. 

Tony is a keen biker and the van is a popular meeting spot for bikers and often has some good 2-wheeled metal there too 👍🏻

Tell ‘em Jason recommended them to you 😉🥓🥪🌭

That would be great next time you're up, post COVID-19 🙏. I might have stopped at that butty van before when I've been out on my bike. So win-win whatever I turn up on/in. 😁

• Like 1