Engine longevity

Ben

Saw this advert for a 987.1 2.7 with 173K on the clock:

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202108256622229?include-delivery-option=on&onesearchad=New&onesearchad=Nearly New&onesearchad=Used&radius=1500&postcode=so151jl&model=CAYMAN&make=PORSCHE&sort=price-asc&year-to=2021&advertising-location=at_cars&page=1

Presuming it is still running reasonably well, this does seem to bode well for the longevity of the engine!

Anyone come across a Cayman with a higher mileage?

• Like 1

Not sure about the seat though! o be fair, it's what you would expect at that age. I'd have thought a lot else on the car would be in a similar aged condition.

Not sure if any car of that age is a good purchase really. Sorry to be ageist..

1 hour ago, Ginginho said:

When I was looking, I subtracted £1k from my valuation for every 10k over the mileage that I considered ideal. I don't know what that would mean for this!

Hi, sorry to divert thread but just noticed your Orange CS and recall your bought it off CC?  How's it going for you - I think it was a great buy!

First impressions are that it's an awesome car although I've not really done anything in it yet beyond drive it home and do a few local drives; I was on-call last week so pretty much bound to home and my son is karting this weekend. We are taking it to South Wales next weekend however!

I've booked it in for a re-gas, which was known. The unexpected cost was that the tracker installed apparently hasn't been working for two years even though the seller had apparently been paying his subscription! (using apparently to avoid the impression of casting blame anywhere!). So my costs had to extend to purchase and installation of a new device. There is no sign of fluid loss on my garage floor, which is good. It does drink a good amount of Esso Supreme though!

Edited by Ginginho

That's surprisingly neat for 8 grand. I drove a 2005 with 60k mi on the clock that had worse interior wear.

My indie reckons these engines will, well cared for, comfortably last past 200,000mi. Whether that's accurate, I'd love to know. I'd wager the fact that this car has been dailied has contributed to its longevity.

Edited by Hunter
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, mc5 said:

Wow i prefer yours in shark blue

Mine also has the optional saphire crystal ink level viewing case integrated into the design rather than the cheapo solid casings of the other contributers. :)

14 minutes ago, andygo said:

Mine also has the optional saphire crystal ink level viewing case integrated into the design rather than the cheapo solid casings of the other contributers. :)

and probably weighs less than the cayman r version every gram counts😀

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Andyoz said:

I've got one too...

KS4kUbC.jpg

That is neat. Do you know if that was 'the' pen, or did a pen actually not come with it and people put there own one in...I ask as yours differs to the one in the advert and keen to know which is the official one as such.

3 hours ago, Julian987 said:

That is neat. Do you know if that was 'the' pen, or did a pen actually not come with it and people put there own one in...I ask as yours differs to the one in the advert and keen to know which is the official one as such.

That's the pen my OPC gave me free with an order.  Fits perfectly. Ill ask them for an official umbrella next 😁😁

6 hours ago, swanny71 said:

Special edition lightweight pen with the R 😉

F2EC9B11-71E1-4892-A7FD-384C4412F5D5.jpeg

Yes, I removed mine after I took the photo for the weight reduction...

Back on topic, Although on the search for an PDK R, I been speaking with a couple of indies who mentioned a couple of high mileage CS coming in soon about the 90k mile mark for £23k.

Yet to find out about specs and history but assuming that is all good could be a good project buy I am thinking…. 

what you reckon chaps? 

Edited by ajayp