Tidy 987.2 for sale

Ginginho

The pricing and the slightly thin spec and the fact it's run through numerous owners in the last 18 months or so? Oh, and that it's been lowered, which the ad really should mention but doesn't.

For £32k, you'd want it loaded, not plastic interior, basic sound, basic headlights etc. Think they've put the price up since they last sold it and the market if anything has soften since. Maybe it'll sell fine, but looks fairly obviously over priced to me. 

Edited by MartinF6

56 minutes ago, MartinF6 said:

The pricing and the slightly thin spec and the fact it's run through numerous owners in the last 18 months or so? Oh, and that it's been lowered, which the ad really should mention but doesn't.

For £32k, you'd want it loaded, not plastic interior, basic sound, basic headlights etc. Think they've put the price up since they last sold it and the market if anything has soften since. Maybe it'll sell fine, but looks fairly obviously over priced to me. 

isn't the lowering factory spec as it has the PASM which drops the height, I thought? 

6 hours ago, Julian987 said:

isn't the lowering factory spec as it has the PASM which drops the height, I thought? 

It does look lower which, if so, you'd like them to state. It's a nice car for sure, probably the nicest I've seen for some time; LSD is very rare, it's got most of the key options although no xenons. At the peak of the market last year there is probably demand for it at that price but I don't think that there is a 987 worth more than £30k that isn't an R currently.

Edited by Ginginho

There's a fairly recent thread on here somewhere about the car in question. Owner bought it from Evo Motors and then had it lowered. Then it was sold by MR, now it's being sold by MR again. You can see just looking at it that it's lower than PASM height.

My last gen 2 had the diff. It makes very little difference for road driving, even when you're pushing really hard in road driving terms. In road driving terms, it's nice if you want to hammering it out of junctions sideways, but that's about it. These cars do not lack for traction in road conditions and they just aren't that torquey, so spinning up an inside rear just is not a frequent issue.

For track driving, maybe. The one 987 I've had with the factory LSD is the one 987 I never tracked!

41 minutes ago, wtaite01 said:

Guards red seatbelts would be nice 😉

Jk, it's lovely, but certainly pricey

that and the centre tunnel painted to match would be very nice touches. 

I realise I posted this one before..but at this rate they will be selling it as a tax exempt classic car at this rate! 🙂

It's got to have been up for sale for at least six months!

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202202012008480?include-delivery-option=on&advertising-location=at_cars&radius=1500&make=Porsche&onesearchad=New&onesearchad=Nearly New&onesearchad=Used&model=Cayman&sort=price-asc&postcode=cv376gp&page=2

Makes you wonder what the ones that sell are actually going for Vs asking price!!

This seems like an apt thread to post on, however please let me know if i should post elsewhere! 

I'm new to the Cayman, tbh trying to get one! For someone completely new to Porsche, the market seems so difficult to really understand what is a fair price for a decent car, last thing i want is to drop a fair whack and then find out I've bought way over and get smashed with both loss and depreciation when the market stabilises (if that is even a thing anymore!) There are cars from 21k to 27k, with similar specs, it's so hard to determine if cheaper equals a Sh1tter or actually equals a fair price. Ideally i want to be spending 21k or less - not sure if that is even reasonable based on the below?

I'd like a 987.2 with PDK (if possible), heated seats and sports chrono and parking sensors, less than 50k miles - the lower the better, good service history and decent preventative maintenance to date.

I've seen this one from invictus which has been dropped from 24k in the last couple of days, but also heard some iffy stories about them.... I need to buy a good car not something that needs thousands dumped into it - the dream!

https://www.pistonheads.com/buy/listing/12324737

Any advice would be appreciated

Thanks 

5 hours ago, Flat6 said:

This seems like an apt thread to post on, however please let me know if i should post elsewhere! 

I'm new to the Cayman, tbh trying to get one! For someone completely new to Porsche, the market seems so difficult to really understand what is a fair price for a decent car, last thing i want is to drop a fair whack and then find out I've bought way over and get smashed with both loss and depreciation when the market stabilises (if that is even a thing anymore!) There are cars from 21k to 27k, with similar specs, it's so hard to determine if cheaper equals a Sh1tter or actually equals a fair price. Ideally i want to be spending 21k or less - not sure if that is even reasonable based on the below?

I'd like a 987.2 with PDK (if possible), heated seats and sports chrono and parking sensors, less than 50k miles - the lower the better, good service history and decent preventative maintenance to date.

I've seen this one from invictus which has been dropped from 24k in the last couple of days, but also heard some iffy stories about them.... I need to buy a good car not something that needs thousands dumped into it - the dream!

https://www.pistonheads.com/buy/listing/12324737

Any advice would be appreciated

Thanks 

I don't vouch for the accuracy of this page but worth investigating to see if the post is correct: https://m.facebook.com/dodgycarsuk/photos/a.103115568186223/520100843154358/?type=3&source=48

Edited by Ginginho

Thanks for posting that, it's stuff like that that makes the quest a bit more difficult. Said I'd never buy a used car again after some terrible experiences from dealers in the past. However I'd think a new car from Porsche is slightly out of reach 😀

I would treat a dealer like Invictus like a private seller. Some of their cars are probably fine, but some look pretty ropey even as presented for sale, let alone potential write offs being knocked back together. Don't pay a premium dealer price, get the car independently inspected etc and a given car might be buyable.

You can't entirely remove all the risk, unfortunately, even with a professional inspection. Car I just bought has at least a couple of issues not picked up on the inspection. Thus far nothing catastrophic, but genuinely immaculate used cars that have never been damaged are very hard to find once you're talking about 10-year-old-plus cars with 10s of thousands of miles.

20 minutes ago, Neil_jdmr said:

I can't see anything wrong with that,  great spec and the all important lsd.

Not many consider it all-important but definitely a nice to have. We're definitely getting into subjective opinions though 😁

• Like 1

20 hours ago, MartinF6 said:

but genuinely immaculate used cars that have never been damaged are very hard to find once you're talking about 10-year-old-plus cars with 10s of thousands of miles.

Except for mine of course… 😉😜😆

• Like 1