2.7 Gen1 987 (Modified)

Equinox

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Took delivery of a few new parts this month. 

I have replaced the standard air filter with one from ITG,

Taken delivery of a race splitter from Joe Toth as well as Dive planes. These match the rear diffuser I purchased last year.

Fitment on the Joe Toth bits were near on perfect and moulded to exactly the shape of the bumper. Tabs on the back matched the OEM fixing locations and it clipped into the groove the original bits slotted into. 

Really loving this now. Anyone interested in the front splitter, dive planes or rear diffuser hit me up as I'm in talks with Joe to see about importing a bulk buy of 10+ pieces to bring the price per part down. As shipping and import taxes add almost on over the cost of the part just to ship them.

Will be at the meet on the 5th for anyone wanting to take a look at the quality.

DSC_0856.jpgDSC_0860.jpgDSC_0865.jpg

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Those wheels are really nice. 

Love the low aggressive profile although you must be scraping a lot.  I've got lots of humps here so have decided to stay of normal ride height and 18s.  Makes for a great daily driver with some oomph when I want some. 

9 hours ago, Liongolfer said:

Those wheels are really nice. 

Love the low aggressive profile although you must be scraping a lot.  I've got lots of humps here so have decided to stay of normal ride height and 18s.  Makes for a great daily driver with some oomph when I want some. 

I have to say I don't scrape at all tbh. I have owned very very low cars prior to this which would kiss the tarmac on slightly cambered roads, so very used to taking certain routes and being able to tell exactly what the car will and wont go over.

If anything this has been a breath of fresh air not having to worry as much :D

Think the new bits really tie in well with the rest of the car, looked a little rear end heavy on the mods perhaps before, so this has really balanced it out now. 

Generally I'm not a huge fan of body styling mods, but this does sit well, the black body color helps it allot. 

1 hour ago, Andy said:

Think the new bits really tie in well with the rest of the car, looked a little rear end heavy on the mods perhaps before, so this has really balanced it out now. 

Generally I'm not a huge fan of body styling mods, but this does sit well, the black body color helps it allot. 

I too was looking at the early photos just now and thinking "I like the side skirts, but they don't quite line up with the front spoiler."

Now they do!!  Great minds...

I guess the body mods are good for the track. Not so much fun on the road, as has been said. 

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Equinox said:

Came across the lonely looking Cayman someone had traded into webuyanycar(for£5) on route to our Storage unit at work today. Couldn't help getting a modified vs standard shot.

IMG_20170310_102705478.jpg

My guess would be mechanical issue diagnosis without enough equity in the car to make the fix economically viable. Best option is to punt it onto somebody like WeBuyAnyCar who aren't going to do the same rigorous checks that a private buyer or Porsche dealer would do, and take a bit of a loss. Car will probably end up at auction and be offloaded onto a dealer who's going to expecting the worst.

Nice work on the car by the way, I'm a fan of most of the modifications you've done and those wheels look great! :)

Edited by Luke
Additional Comments

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Like the door pulls - probably less annoying than the ones in the Cayman R too (double pull confuses new passengers!)

Good effort on the wing uprights too, much better looking!

• 3 weeks later...
On 2017-5-23 at 20:09, Kai said:

Full colour change ?

tell us more !!

Kai 

Yeh booked in for a full wrap on the 25th of next month. Will leave it a surprise but its along an OEM 911 colour with a slight twist to make it stand out.