2.7 Gen1 987 (Modified)

Equinox

On 18/10/2020 at 22:32, Beanoir™ said:

Wow! 

Genuine idiot question from me, how do you go about making the track that much wider at the rear to fit the wider arches?  Looks like it must be about 6” or so.  

Yeh so getting custom wheels made, wider and a negative offset to take up the 100mm additional width each side. 

So hub position stays the same and it's catered for within the wheel setup. 

On 19/10/2020 at 18:38, Tozerman said:

Sorry to be negative but that looks like a caricature of  a Cayman. I won't use the word ruined as it is your car and that is all that matters 🤔

I hope you never plan to sell it. 😁

Haha 🤣 na made that mistake before with previous modified cars. If this ever does get sold it will be broken down and split for parts 👍

13 hours ago, Andy said:

Will be interested to see the final end product, as we all know that any project car at the half way point looks off to most, other than the person who has the final vision in their mind. 

It'll certainly be one of a kind, but then it always was without the kit fitted :)

Interested to see how the wings work... that is the only bit I'm not sure about. 

Yeh should be good once it's all one color with wheels on it that fit. Should start to bring it all together and see the light at the end of the tunnel. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Looks mad, love it! 

Alwasy nice to see something different, would be really boring if all the cars just looked the same, will never be to everyones tastes, but that isn't the point! 

Looking forward to seeing the wheels fitted, and think the spoiler will 'blend in' more when wrapped :)

What a read, great thread, thanks for sharing all this. Love the colour 😍 and at least 75% of the mods! Nice to see some wilder mods, reminds me of the Jap cars I love.

4 hours ago, sevenfourate said:

VERY NICE wheels ! Only 12j rears. Did they not have any wide ones ?

Could've gone for something like 14j wide 😂 decided against it as I preferred having a more manageable overall size for tyres and drivability. Not that what I've done hasn't somewhat compromised that anyway 🤣

5 hours ago, Beanoir™ said:

They're a similar size to my rear wheels, 305 section tyre I'm guessing..?

Oh Nick, I never thought you’d need to resort to size comparison ‘bragging rights’.... 😜😁

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Beanoir™ said:

Ah ha!  The missing piece of the puzzle!  They do look amazing those wheels.  They're a similar size to my rear wheels, 305 section tyre I'm guessing..?

Yeh going to go with a 305/30 rear and a 245/30 front. 😁👍

• Like 1

Wheels look great! How does it drive with them on?

That wing really does stand out now, is the plan for it to be purple like the rest? 

• Like 1

On 01/03/2021 at 09:05, Andy said:

Wheels look great! How does it drive with them on?

That wing really does stand out now, is the plan for it to be purple like the rest? 

Thanks 👍

Yeh so I dropped the wing off to be wrapped today. 

Should be fully complete by next weekend which is exciting. 

Its looking a tad 'naked' without the wing on 😂

IMG_20210306_180026.jpg.7ec8f49d3ebd3df856411e74685082d4.jpg

• Like 1