Which track days are you on in 2018 ?

crafty1

Thought I'd just start this thread as a place to put the track days you are booked on this year as always more fun when you know a few others are going 

So far I am booked for : 

Snetterton Sat 24th Feb - Opentrack 

Anglesey Sat 16th June - Lotus on track (from my old Elise days and they happy to let Caymans join in !) 

Will add others as I go along

Nice one guys

I am looking to get a Westfield very soon for cheap track days plus my daughter wants to have a go, could use the GT4 but it can work out expensive to run on track and the Westfield will be cheap and I won't worry much about it

Definitely - Oulton Park Porsche Day Friday 9th March - booked via MSV. 

Possibly - Brands Hatch Open Pit Lane Monday 30th April - available via MSV (this is for a Muscular Dystrophy fund raiser)

Possibly - Silverstone PEC Friday 10th August - available via PCGB. 

I’d like to do a Bedford Autodrome GT circuit day via MSV maybe in June, just because it’s close-ish to me. 

23 hours ago, Windymiller said:

I’ll be interested to hear what you think of Bedford’s GT circuit  once you’ve been JCL. 

Im not a track nut but I’ve done a few. Bedford is flat as a pancake with loads of runoff so very safe. Suits me as I’m quiet low on the competence scale. It is featureless though and quiet long. So much  so that it takes a while to remember which corner is comming up. My two fav circuits are Rockingham (you use a smal, section of the banked circuit) and snetterton. Fast interesting but plenty of space in case it goes pete tong 

Edited by Porker

10 hours ago, briggy said:

I thought that was a Porsche RS day?

Aye, it’s organised by members of the PCGB RS register, but it’s open to all Porsches. There are quite a few Caymans going, certainly a few CRs, although there only seems to be a couple of us from this forum. 

8 hours ago, Porker said:

Im not a track nut but I’ve done a few. Bedford is flat as a pancake with loads of runoff so very safe. Suits me as I’m quiet low on the competence scale. It is featureless though and quiet long. So much  so that it takes a while to remember which corner is comming up. My two fav circuits are Rockingham (you use a smal, section of the banked circuit) and snetterton. Fast interesting but plenty of space in case it goes pete tong 

That’s interesting feedback Porker, thanks. 

The GT circuit looks like it has a very long straight for some ‘max velocity’ fun ????????

this circuit, long before Johnathan Palmer held a driving licence and bought it, was RAE Thurleigh and boasted the longest runway in Europe at over 2 miles with an option to extend easily another half mile if needed in times of conflict for B52s etc. also considered as an alternative for emergency shuttle landings. so yes there is a lot of flat straight 1950s concrete to play on.

11 hours ago, Windymiller said:

Aye, it’s organised by members of the PCGB RS register, but it’s open to all Porsches. There are quite a few Caymans going, certainly a few CRs, although there only seems to be a couple of us from this forum. 

Ah f*!$%&! - I got the wrong end of the stick. It's actually on the day of my birthday and I assumed it was an RS only day, so dismissed it. Now it's full. D'OH!!

12 hours ago, briggy said:

Ah f*!$%&! - I got the wrong end of the stick. It's actually on the day of my birthday and I assumed it was an RS only day, so dismissed it. Now it's full. D'OH!!

Get in touch with MSV (the company running it) and enquire about spare places.  On the PCGB forums I can see that there are people getting in off the reserve waiting list as some folk drop out. 

Although this weather front coming in might kybosh it if the snow dumps and stays.... ???

• 3 weeks later...

I'd love to do a Nurburgring trip with these cars, especially if we could get an R group heading out there. Maybe if a few of us fancy it we could get something arranged. Ive been before but not with the CR.

• Founder
2 hours ago, MJ said:

I'd love to do a Nurburgring trip with these cars, especially if we could get an R group heading out there. Maybe if a few of us fancy it we could get something arranged. Ive been before but not with the CR.

Would be a great idea, i'm sure Kev would be up for that - he loves a 'Ring trip.  @Red Square Images

46 minutes ago, Malcolm E Cay said:

I am doing the morning at the PCGB event too.

Grand, see you there Malcolm and welcome to the COC... ??

I’ll be in a white 987.2 S, I’ll look out for you in your 718.