Pole positions are in!

35 minutes ago, Dougle_turbo said:

Pretty happy with these!

75FKSZNkQ72tHpciFKVD1A.jpg

They look brilliant - like an OEM fit item 👍🏻

How paddes / comfy are they for a long journey?

Are they the Recaro pole positions?  Apologies if you’ve posted elsewhere about them already 🤔 

5 minutes ago, Windymiller said:

They look brilliant - like an OEM fit item 👍🏻

How paddes / comfy are they for a long journey?

Are they the Recaro pole positions?  Apologies if you’ve posted elsewhere about them already 🤔 

Only put them in today, however they are very comfortable. I'll give some more feedback once I've covered some miles in them, I'm hoping they will be as comfortable as the Super sports I've taken out. I'll be doing several road trips this year...so time will tell. The main reason for the swap is that I was slipping around in the super sports when on track.

They are Recaro Pole Position ABE. My only small gripe is that they are right up against the central console, so I need to put some self adhesive material between the 2 to stop the squeaking. 

Total weight difference between the 2 (inc mounts etc) is 18kg.

Just now, PMGPete said:

They look mega. What height are you if you don't mind me asking. I'm 6ft4 and have been contemplating these myself

Hi Pete, thanks!

I'm 6-1, at 6-4 I'm not sure you'll be able to get the seat low enough on a sliding rail. I have them set up on the second lowest option and they are up against the centre console, they might go lower but that would be hard on the console. I'm going to see how I get on at this height. 

It's worth noting these are the wider fitment poles (ABE) and not the slimmer FIA ones.

• Like 1

I'll either need to fit a resistor kit, or have the airbags coded out. I can't find any definitive answer on the inter-webs on exactly where I need to plug the resistors in. I'm 95% sure have identified the airbag wires, but don't want to stick a 3ohm resistor in and cause a problem.

Normally the internet is you're friend for this but I've been trawling with no luck!

They look great, at some point will get some myself and nice weight saving, the factory seats are heavy !

Which mounts did you use please ?

Edited by crafty1
  • Like 1

They are the lightweight aluminium Recaro mounts and standard sliding sub frames. I weighed each seat fully made up so its a proper comparison.

If anyone out there has factory buckets could they give the the part number from their seat belt connector? I need the longer ones that came on the factory buckets. 

My current part number is 997-803-813-09

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_4800.jpg.52cf8b471453827cc3bf8ecbc47defc3.jpg

• Founder
On ‎10‎/‎02‎/‎2019 at 10:29, Dougle_turbo said:

I'll either need to fit a resistor kit, or have the airbags coded out. I can't find any definitive answer on the inter-webs on exactly where I need to plug the resistors in. I'm 95% sure have identified the airbag wires, but don't want to stick a 3ohm resistor in and cause a problem.

Normally the internet is you're friend for this but I've been trawling with no luck!

See if Gert knows?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Porsched eggs said:

I took the airbag wheel out of my track car and fitted a demon tweeks resistor kit in, surely would be a similar thing unless the Porsche system is overly complex. Oh wait, hang on....

:)

I'm pretty sure it will need the same resistor. I'm probably over thinking it, it's not that complex. I've identified the correct wires (although there seem to be three). I was just hoping someone may have done it so there was less guess work. 👍

So I'm still trying to work out this resistor thing....I really don't want it to beat me. 

1st picture is the connector on the car, the 4 wires circled (according to the 3rd picture) are airbag related.

2nd picture shows the connector on the seat, the connectors circled are 14,15,16,17. 16 + 17 are jumped together when disconnected (that why it appears to have 4 pins) the jumper is disconnected when plugged in.

When I've installed resistors into these systems before I've only ever had 2 wires to deal with. So I'm unsure if I just need two resistors per seat and connect 14+15 and 16+17 together or something else. Anyone got any ideas?

fullsizeoutput_f3c.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_f3b.jpeg

e5fab134-ce4c-45c4-9102-88361d3eb8be.jpg

• 4 weeks later...