RSS Harness bar installation

Well this was a pain in the ass. I had to remove a LOT of interior trim to get the storage bins out and then make the relevant cuts. Trying to reinstall everything with the bar in place wasn't any fun either. 

On the up side, very happy with the result. And as a small bonus I was able to find the source of a small vibration/buzz I could here over my left shoulder. If any one else has the same drop me a message and I'll elaborate.

IUuZUcrVSriVBJuV5jnzYA.jpg

2TpNWE7pR1SfLu7idIwF4A.jpg

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Dougle_turbo said:

P.s in case anyone was wondering how much trim.....

25AA8E06-B5D3-4FE0-9553-C4B4BA8683AC.jpeg

248E0E03-697B-4109-8C58-FCC2001BF03B.jpeg

Hi @Dougle_turbo how easy was it to remove the silver coloured trim that sits just behind the engine cover, guess its fixed by the usual clips etc, any tips on best place to start unclipping, mine has a few scratches so thinking of having it re painted.

12 hours ago, Maxheadroom said:

Hi @Dougle_turbo how easy was it to remove the silver coloured trim that sits just behind the engine cover, guess its fixed by the usual clips etc, any tips on best place to start unclipping, mine has a few scratches so thinking of having it re painted.

That actually comes off pretty easily, however I wouldn't attempt doing it with anything other than a set in car trim removal trims. The trims in our cars are expanding metal jobbies and can be difficult to get apart with out prying quite hard directly in the area of the clip. The good news is that is probably the easiest one to get off!

First you need to open the oil filler flap and undo the torx screws. Then working from the sides pry the clips out of speaker/rear strut trim. Once a couple have come undone I then look underneath to locate the next clip. When using the plastic pry tools make sure you also use a cloth on the visible part of the trim so you don't scratch the rubberised finish on the plastics.

• Like 1

I don't want to be that guy, BUT: harness without rollcage is never a good idea. 

I have a Heigo half cage and it's reasonably cheap and looks absolutely stunning. I would recommend it tho. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Dougle_turbo said:

That actually comes off pretty easily, however I wouldn't attempt doing it with anything other than a set in car trim removal trims. The trims in our cars are expanding metal jobbies and can be difficult to get apart with out prying quite hard directly in the area of the clip. The good news is that is probably the easiest one to get off!

First you need to open the oil filler flap and undo the torx screws. Then working from the sides pry the clips out of speaker/rear strut trim. Once a couple have come undone I then look underneath to locate the next clip. When using the plastic pry tools make sure you also use a cloth on the visible part of the trim so you don't scratch the rubberised finish on the plastics.

Thanks @Dougle_turbo spent a bit of time recently removing bits of trim so getting used to it now. Your pic above shows the location of clip fixing slots so is a good reference to start with thanks :) 

15 hours ago, PMGPete said:

@Andrea Frasky I have been looking at Heigo cages but can't find anyone that has fitted them with standard sports seats.  To me it looks like it would really protrude on the seat going back fully? Have you any pics of yours fitted?

No problem at all with OEM seats. The Heigo is perfect and so easy to install! I'll share some photos soon

27 minutes ago, Dougle_turbo said:

I'd be interested in these photos as well.

16 hours ago, PMGPete said:

@Andrea Frasky I have been looking at Heigo cages but can't find anyone that has fitted them with standard sports seats.  To me it looks like it would really protrude on the seat going back fully? Have you any pics of yours fitted?

This is before the Sparco seats went in and the 6 point harness. I love the Heigo because there is nothing to weld and you can remove it any time no problem! 

20181022_180429.jpg

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Andrea Frasky said:

This is before the Sparco seats went in and the 6 point harness. I love the Heigo because there is nothing to weld and you can remove it any time no problem! 

20181022_180429.jpg

Have you got a photo of what it looks like behind the seats? I assume the rear brace doubles as a harness bar?

P.s looks awesome.