sevenfourates 987.1 Meteor Grey Cayman.........

sevenfourate

32 minutes ago, Dougle_turbo said:

I've not upgraded the main beam so I'm interested to see how yo get on.

Does someone do a kit for the interior lights? Have you got a link?

See "Cr4p headlight" topic for 'upgraded' main bulbs i bought last night. I'll report back if worth doing or not ! But i gather standard yellow looking items are around 3-3500k. So moving to White / 6000k should provide some better vision / looks alone....

Yes there are a few interior kits out there i found. Two were clearly low quality (£8 and £16 respectively on ebay). The ones i ended up purchasing are either going to be much better quality or just "reassuringly expensive" 😂

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/INTERIOR-LED-SMD-Bulbs-KIT-WHITE-CAN-BUS-fit-Porsche-Boxster-987/181239865615?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

57 minutes ago, sevenfourate said:

See "Cr4p headlight" topic for 'upgraded' main bulbs i bought last night. I'll report back if worth doing or not ! But i gather standard yellow looking items are around 3-3500k. So moving to White / 6000k should provide some better vision / looks alone....

Yes there are a few interior kits out there i found. Two were clearly low quality (£8 and £16 respectively on ebay). The ones i ended up purchasing are either going to be much better quality or just "reassuringly expensive" 😂

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/INTERIOR-LED-SMD-Bulbs-KIT-WHITE-CAN-BUS-fit-Porsche-Boxster-987/181239865615?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

I've done the dipped head lights, just not main beam/high beam. Have you installed the interior lights yet? Was it easy?

1 minute ago, Dougle_turbo said:

I've done the dipped head lights, just not main beam/high beam. Have you installed the interior lights yet? Was it easy?

Haven't done any yet Doug. Car is still at Sprayers. I said i'd give a few days to fully cure before i collected. And all the bulbs i pictured only arrived here with me yesterday. I'll probably get them to do all the bulbs to be fair while its still with them. Popping off those 13 year old, brittle courtesy light covers etc gives me the shakes.... 😂 

**I should think its straightforward in truth. Just do need to be careful with old / brittle clips etc of various sorts. Bet there's a walk-through vid on the net / Youtube ?

On 29/04/2020 at 18:23, sevenfourate said:

Couple of updates 🙄

The not so small job of new IMS and RMS seals:

g4Cn1e6.jpg

Along with new g/box oil whilst "in there":

b0rw9f5.jpg

Centre console re-finished in body colour instead of the stock black rubberised finish:

e5G6QFY.jpg

8D4saAL.jpg

Along with having either side 'scuff plates" on the inside above the sill inside refinished / re-painted to retain the slight original texture (Forgot to take pics fitted):

MgNi1VZ.jpg

My talented sprayer also blended in / sympathetically repaired 2 marks on the drivers rear arch, a "rock-ding" in the roof: and a slight lacquer peel under the drivers lower window seal along with some chips / marks / scratches on the drivers door handle and surrounding trim:

POYbxZj.jpg

He also painted my grilles in contrasting Satin Black instead of body colour:

Ge6gi7M.jpg

And removed and re-painted the exhaust trim set into the bumper, in a very slightly brighter silver - and a gloss finish to replace the standard satin affair:

BEFORE:

aqDiEU2.jpg

AFTER:

NXXMkGW.jpg

He also fitted my new bonnet badge in Black / Silver; to fit in with the keeping of the "colour scheme" of the car:

Standard:

jbKQB8X.jpg

And now:

xB7ulvF.jpg

And as the battery seemed like it was getting suspect sitting around my 

talented mechanic / sprayers garage......and i really didn't want to get into the scenario of being unable to get in / the back-up cable giving us issues getting to the frunk; so an uprated Bosche item was fitted:

yzo07nM.jpg

So just waiting for this to clear UK Customs from Puerto Rico (In Black though !)........

80Y2XZS.jpg

VIDEO OF THE ABOVE ITEM:

Along with a new BMC air-filter:

YTRXqzy.jpg

......and i'll then collect and get overall pics pronto. Can't wait now. Its all taken quite some time to get this lot together.  I just want to enjoy it in some decent weather now. It will be getting used for work !

Thanks for checking-in 😎

Really intrigued by the de-snork grill Syer, so very much looking forward to seeing how you get on with it.  The lack of an 'off the shelf'  replacement grill has kind of put me off de-snorking in the past, so this looks like it could be a winner!   Could I ask how much it cost?  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Ben said:

Really intrigued by the de-snork grill Syer, so very much looking forward to seeing how you get on with it.  The lack of an 'off the shelf'  replacement grill has kind of put me off de-snorking in the past, so this looks like it could be a winner!   Could I ask how much it cost?  

2 hours ago, Windymiller said:

And a link to where purchasable from please 😉👍🏻

Just as well i don't maintain this thread for the glory / sympathy votes: because there's an irony somewhere of my car spending the last month having numerous works in, on, under and around it, much sweat and love given from my talented genius sprayer, many new parts - and the only comments are over a 4" square of plastic mesh 🙄

No problem guys. I tried to take a pic before the newly painted grilles went on a few days ago. But my iphone7 isn't great in poor light and i had to really-really lighten the picture to show the new inner / de-snork grill. Still; you get / have gotten the general idea or you wouldn't have asked. I can tell you it's very professional, fits perfectly, holds firmly and if you have anal tendencies and the thought of DIY'ing this with an odd piece of Bonsai mesh and a few dabs of Bostik gives you the shakes - this is exactly what you need:

RYsU94a.jpg

I don't actually know the price - the seller and me did a "trade of services". But i think they are $20 (?) each + the postage from Puerto Rico; and are available in many-many colours. He's a super genuine guy, his name is Marcos Batista and his email address is:

cadporsche@gmail.com

Meanwhile........i'm just awaiting the last 2 bulbs arriving tomorrow - so that then every single trunk, frunk, interior and exterior bulb has now been upgraded. And i'm collecting the car tomorrow night. Man, i'm just super stoked with it and the realisation of 3 months thinking about this day over Winter and all the planned improvements that have taken place.

IuN7eAE.jpg

BUWkS1L.jpg

I'M OFFICIALLY BACK (Very nearly 🤣) ! Will i be able to sleep tonight we ask.....

Have a great Bank Hol weekend all: stay safe and enjoy your essential food shops in those P-cars 😎

• Thanks 1

You're a glutton for punishment Syer, but we all appreciate your updates and endeavours! .

#Windymiller, I'm up for some of those intake grills too, perhaps Mr Puerto Rico might do a discount if a few of us are up for ordering?

• Haha 1

Syer car is looking great. Particularly like the body colour coded centre consul. Really classy mods that’s still look factory.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Craiglm68 said:

You're a glutton for punishment Syer, but we all appreciate your updates and endeavours! .

#Windymiller, I'm up for some of those intake grills too, perhaps Mr Puerto Rico might do a discount if a few of us are up for ordering?

I'd be happy to join a group buy @Craiglm68.  Thanks Syer for clear and inspiring content as always.

• Thanks 1

Yep agree with all the other guys, car is looking great. Would like to see some whole car shots when you can :) 

I have been thinking about this de snork thing everybody seems to do.

I am thinking of doing this it my car to get a bit more induction noise but is the grill really necessary ? if you do get any crap up there then the air filter would stop it going into the engine wouldn't it ?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tozerman said:

Yep agree with all the other guys, car is looking great. Would like to see some whole car shots when you can :) 

I have been thinking about this de snork thing everybody seems to do.

I am thinking of doing this it my car to get a bit more induction noise but is the grill really necessary ? if you do get any crap up there then the air filter would stop it going into the engine wouldn't it ?

Induction noise was increased slightly i'd say; and after 4k when 'on cam' had a different re: deeper tone to it i thought. Can't wait for the BMC filter to arrive now.

You'd think so wouldn't you. I think the mesh just acts as a pre-filter for any big lumps basically ! 

****So check this out: i picked my car up last night; and being socially-distant responsible while doing so (My old man is "at risk") stopped on my way home to show him the car. Paintwork nearly didn't stay looking awesome very long !! Lucky boy....... 🙄 🤐 😥

Edited by sevenfourate
  • Haha 1

4am alarm here to klck-start today's Summer-protection detailing; so i could finish last nights waxing in the garage, then get outside and snow-foam, wash and then dry the exterior before it got silly hot and water-marks became an issue......

Frunk spruced-up:

**Aerospace 303 plastic / rubber sealant / UV protector used here mainly on the plastics and rubber seals, with some Sonax BSD on the underside of the bonnet and other odd visible paintwork......

**Also used Turtle wax Headlight restoration cleaner + sealant on the headlights (Which i then further sealed with 2 coats of UV resistant wax to stop 'yellowing').

OpTEUhl.jpg

Moved onto Trunk:

**Same Aerospace 303 / Sonax BSD combo primarily. Along with a Henry Turbo 👌 😂

9EfDzni.jpg

Leather:

**I used the multi award-winning Dodo-juice Supernatural leather cleaner and then sealant on the seats (Worked in with a Horse-hair brush), steering wheel, gear gaitor etc - which gave a lovely matte finish

X7EnJqV.jpg

Interior was next on the list:

Aerospace 303 on the more matte black plastics,  Auto Finesse Revive used very sparingly on a couple of more glossy trims and the excellent Angelwax Vision on the glass. Some quick-detailing spray finished off the centre console.........

sjUUao6.jpg

Exterior:

Now the sun was really getting out - the 2 coats of Collinite 476 wax / sealant i applied last night and this morning was starting to do its thing.....

fw5EImd.jpg

Continued:

So lower windscreen trim given a coat of Auto-finesse revive to hold back the greying, also used the same on front rad grilles, lower central 3rd rad 'cover' and lower bumper trim at the front. Tyre side-walls were then given a coat of Meguiar's Endurance High Tyre Gel and good old Autosol was used on the Stainless tail pipes.....

YIx43J3.jpg

Have a fab weekend all......

• Like 1

Gratuitous Apre-detailing shots; before my girl and me went shopping this morning 🙄

hTqIzMT.jpg

C0P06kv.jpg

A8aqHjE.jpg

**What does everyone think about getting the rear spoiler wrapped Satin Black for some further Black contrast ? **Light / reflections nearly makes it look this way in the above shot.

My thinking beng that i [Or any new owner] could easily remove this if / when sale time comes if they chose to. Or i could just grow a pair and get it painted.

Just not sure if it would be tacky and too much......

Edited by sevenfourate
  • Like 1

Excellent work as always Mr S, we should rename you the Concours Kid.  As for the black spoiler, beauty is in the eye of the beholder, if you think you'd like it, do it. Wrapping might be a less risky initial route.

• Like 1

On ‎08‎/‎05‎/‎2020 at 10:39, Windymiller said:

You need to get the car first matey 😋😉🤪

@Windymiller Yes I know...…….. :Banane21:but I know it will be 987.2 so no harm in being prepared...……..!!

Garage is almost ready, car cover purchased, thanks to @sevenfourate for recommendation, trickle charger sat waiting, why not take advantage of group buy for a mod that will just have to happen!  :3_grin:

And now I'm researching the cleaning equipment I will need!  Hopefully with travel in the UK being opened and return to work for many businesses means the dealers will open and the test drives can commence.

Edited by TritonII

@sevenfourate stunning pics of your ride, hats off to you for the attention to detail in your cleaning and polishing.  Don't think I will ever have that patience but the results are outstanding.

Huge respect :27_sunglasses:

• Like 1