sevenfourates 987.1 Meteor Grey Cayman.........

sevenfourate

23 hours ago, sevenfourate said:

Gratuitous Apre-detailing shots; before my girl and me went shopping this morning 🙄

hTqIzMT.jpg

C0P06kv.jpg

A8aqHjE.jpg

**What does everyone think about getting the rear spoiler wrapped Satin Black for some further Black contrast ? **Light / reflections nearly makes it look this way in the above shot.

My thinking beng that i [Or any new owner] could easily remove this if / when sale time comes if they chose to. Or i could just grow a pair and get it painted.

Just not sure if it would be tacky and too much......

I'd definitely give the satin black a try. The spoiler is very easy to remove and wrap - It's what I did to mine before I fitted the Cayman R fixed wing and is easy to do.

Go for it!

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Craiglm68 said:

we should rename you the Concours Kid. 

Ha ! That moniker made me giggle Craig.....

Thanks for the kind words and your thoughts. I'm on it. I think 😄

6 hours ago, TritonII said:

@sevenfourate stunning pics of your ride, hats off to you for the attention to detail in your cleaning and polishing.  Don't think I will ever have that patience but the results are outstanding.

Huge respect :27_sunglasses:

Thankyou very much ! 11 hours Fri and 4 hours or so finishing off on Sat. I've had many longer 'sessions' but much fresh paint / my sprayer polishing existing panels up to blend-in with new: meant polishing by me was at a minimum; so i could focus on waxing / protection and the finer details.....not the donkey work

I love a clean car. And you could definitely class me as a 'detailer'. I love the touchy-feely tactile stuff and improving anything / area. BUT: it's also about free-time, being on your own with your thoughts away from the World AND being outside in the fresh air / in the garage with the radio on. I just find it a relaxing way to spend a few hours away from work. The fact i get a clean car at the end of it is a fab bi-product 👍

@Dougle_turbo - Cheers for the info. Got quoted £80 for spoiler wrap. If i get it painted and hate it - its then another repaint back to original. And i do have my reservations. For £80 wrapped: it's not the end of the World if its only on there a matter of minutes; or as long as it takes me to remove it 😂

And the quality of wrapping these days is so good (Especially if spoiler is removed) - it's not like the results visually would be chalk and cheese.

Edited by sevenfourate

14 hours ago, sevenfourate said:

Ha ! That moniker made me giggle Craig.....

Thanks for the kind words and your thoughts. I'm on it. I think 😄

Thankyou very much ! 11 hours Fri and 4 hours or so finishing off on Sat. I've had many longer 'sessions' but much fresh paint / my sprayer polishing existing panels up to blend-in with new: meant polishing by me was at a minimum; so i could focus on waxing / protection and the finer details.....not the donkey work

I love a clean car. And you could definitely class me as a 'detailer'. I love the touchy-feely tactile stuff and improving anything / area. BUT: it's also about free-time, being on your own with your thoughts away from the World AND being outside in the fresh air / in the garage with the radio on. I just find it a relaxing way to spend a few hours away from work. The fact i get a clean car at the end of it is a fab bi-product 👍

@Dougle_turbo - Cheers for the info. Got quoted £80 for spoiler wrap. If i get it painted and hate it - its then another repaint back to original. And i do have my reservations. For £80 wrapped: it's not the end of the World if its only on there a matter of minutes; or as long as it takes me to remove it 😂

And the quality of wrapping these days is so good (Especially if spoiler is removed) - it's not like the results visually would be chalk and cheese.

Given you are a hands on type of person, I would try wrapping in yourself. It's really easy to do, and a roll of 3m film is around £20. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Dougle_turbo said:

Given you are a hands on type of person, I would try wrapping in yourself. It's really easy to do, and a roll of 3m film is around £20. 

Cheers Doug.

Depends on your level of anal-ness and how much the difference of £55 - being the difference in price means I guess.  Plus I’m flat out at work - so may aswell let a Pro do it while I just do a bit of overtime to pay for it. Horses for courses and all that.....

**I’ve never been too successful with sun-strips before: so not sure I could achieve the quality I’d be looking for on a spoiler wrap ! All I can imagine is a pile of screwed up wrap hanging out of my bin after numerous failed attempts 😂

2 hours ago, sevenfourate said:

Cheers Doug.

Depends on your level of anal-ness and how much the difference of £55 - being the difference in price means I guess.  Plus I’m flat out at work - so may aswell let a Pro do it while I just do a bit of overtime to pay for it. Horses for courses and all that.....

**I’ve never been too successful with sun-strips before: so not sure I could achieve the quality I’d be looking for on a spoiler wrap ! All I can imagine is a pile of screwed up wrap hanging out of my bin after numerous failed attempts 😂

😂

• 2 weeks later...

Much too nice of a day not to be outside messing with cars in one way or another !

So: thought i'd covered all the interior / exterior bulb upgrades. Until i fitted the 'last one' - and then realised i'd not even considered the indicators. ! And had a bit of the "fried egg" look going on with the orange bulbs 🙄 Ebay to the rescue......

Front / Rears:  

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CHROME-SILVER-AMBER-REAR-INDICATOR-BULBS-581-BAU15S-PY21W-TURN-SIGNAL-S25-12V/283241035918?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

Side repeaters:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2x-Subaru-Impreza-02-Chrome-Silver-Indicator-Bulbs-Flash-501-Side-Tail-Pair/131905645251?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

XxkX3py.jpg

The BMC air-filter i ordered wasn't actually in stock it turns out. And production and delivery from Italy was happening 'at their own pace' was the story i got from most suppliers. I waited a few weeks - then paid a slight premium; but found somewhere in the UK with one in stock and ready to shop:

3p1WIzh.jpg

And lastly today i shall be back-tracking slightly on 'my' de-snork'. I removed the baffle-plate and the inlet tube that exposes. Apparently removing that tube interferes / disrupts the airflow too much; and these cars prefer it left in - as i mentioned on the de-snork insert Group Order thread. So i shall be re-fitting this today too.....

f35QUPY.jpg

Have a great one yourselves and don't forget your sun-cream out there folks ☀️

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
2 minutes ago, Windymiller said:

I had a GT3 MC fitted in March this year and love the change in pedal feel. 

it’s far firmer and with a better initial bit at a higher point in the pedal travel. I actually think it’s also made heel n toe Rev-matching easier as the brake pedal when applied sits more ‘flush’ with the accelerator pedal to allow my foot to swivel / twist over. 

That's what i like to hear Jason. I just find the pedal so 'mushy. I know it was "designed" like that in ref to less servo assistance blah,blah, blah - but i've spent all my modding days searching / striving for a solid / sharp pedal feel - and the Porka is unlike any other modern car i own or use. Something a bit more solid feeling, some actual bite with less pedal travel etc would feel better / less alien / more in line with other more modern metal.........

On 01/07/2020 at 14:57, sevenfourate said:

That's what i like to hear Jason. I just find the pedal so 'mushy. I know it was "designed" like that in ref to less servo assistance blah,blah, blah - but i've spent all my modding days searching / striving for a solid / sharp pedal feel - and the Porka is unlike any other modern car i own or use. Something a bit more solid feeling, some actual bite with less pedal travel etc would feel better / less alien / more in line with other more modern metal.........

--------------------------------------------

Yeah... The GT3 master is a defo a good fairly cheap upgrade imo... Paired with other braking mods like pads/discs/braided lines & GT3 brake duct shrouds & race fluid... The Brembo system on my Zed GT HR is good but wayyyy too much servo assistance imo... The GT3 master firms up the pedal feel nicely...

Edited by Mavrik
  • Like 1

I've had the GT3 MC on order for about a month now so hopefully it arrives soon.

Do you mind me asking how much it was to get it fitted..? I guess it's a job you can do at home but quick for and indi to do with ramps..

Looking forward to it from what I hear and will prob add rennline throttle pedal soon after..

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Edmundo2 said:

I've had the GT3 MC on order for about a month now so hopefully it arrives soon.

Do you mind me asking how much it was to get it fitted..? I guess it's a job you can do at home but quick for and indi to do with ramps..

Looking forward to it from what I hear and will prob add rennline throttle pedal soon after..

It’s in the post 😎

Spoken to me Indy about doing there as they can just remove wheels and cycle ABS pump with their software. Sounds quick and easy to me. I’ll let you know !

Im imagining not much more than an hour or an hour and a half labour tops: fitted, bled and ready to drive off into the sunset.....

Yes that was my thoughts. Sounds more appealing than getting it on stands, snapping bleed nipples etc...Look forward to hearing how you go on..

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tozerman said:

My indie charged £175 to fit and bleed through 🤔 it's a straightforward job but time consuming to do properly.... 

Thanks for the info. 

At £80 or £90 an hour it probably is 2 hours+ then.....

36 minutes ago, Tozerman said:

That is definitely the right part 👍👍

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts once you have it fitted 🤔

Cheers Tony.

Soon as it back from paint i'll get it done and report back (Having a blow-in job done on front wing / door. From a previous paint job where someone has chosen to paint upto the door gap - which is noticeable. If only to me 😂 )

Looking forward to the brake upgrade. They (Mine most certainly) was sorely in need !