sevenfourates 987.1 Meteor Grey Cayman.........

sevenfourate

👍 From me, looks really good 😁

Think those wheels are perfect IMO.. 

What ever you do don't add up what you have spent on it, you'll give yourself a coronary 👀

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Tozerman said:

👍 From me, looks really good 😁

Think those wheels are perfect IMO.. 

What ever you do don't add up what you have spent on it, you'll give yourself a coronary 👀

Thankyou very much. I think it’s come together really well.

Ive always kept a running tally of costs to date. It’s on post 1 if you can face looking at it 😂

You have a great eye, the car looks really good. As you said it’s taken years off.

• Thanks 1

That looks great, I've never been a huge fan of Black wheels in general, but they do really suit the car well! 

The small touches like the headlights really make the difference I think. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Daz said:

You have a great eye, the car looks really good. As you said it’s taken years off.

Thankyou. Difficult to imagine so much being added in one go ahead of time. But turned out as well as you could hope for....

1 hour ago, Andy said:

That looks great, I've never been a huge fan of Black wheels in general, but they do really suit the car well! 

The small touches like the headlights really make the difference I think. 

Me neither if i'm honest Andy. And i pontificated over Bronze / ? wheels for so long. But with all the other contrasting Black parts; it seemed the right way to go. Even if its not my absolute favourite color per-se. Thanks for the kind words....

I think that looks fantastic. Very coherent and OEM+ looking. Am I reading it right though that you have spent 12k on top of the purchase price??

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Lennym1984 said:

I think that looks fantastic. Very coherent and OEM+ looking. Am I reading it right though that you have spent 12k on top of the purchase price??

Thankyou. I think so too.

Yes that’s correct. So far 😎 I’ve enjoyed every step of the journey and making it ‘mine’....

Just now, sevenfourate said:

Thankyou. I think so too.

Yes that’s correct. So far 😎 I’ve enjoyed every step of the journey and making it ‘mine’....

Well it looks great and your 12k makes me feel far better about my ~3k. The difference is that yours looks great on the outside as well (whereas my improvements are only really visible with the car on a lift).

I thought I was going to hate the GT3 smile but it works perfectly and looks as though it was "meant to be." As said, the whole thing looks totally coherent and not really "modified" in any way (sticking with 18" wheels probably helps here). I really like it!

What do the headlight surrounds look like up close? These are the more expensive ones right? Did you try the cheap ones first?

It looks great Syer, all the mods complement the overall look of the car.  And the condition of your Cayman puts mine to shame!! :) 

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Lennym1984 said:

Well it looks great and your 12k makes me feel far better about my ~3k. The difference is that yours looks great on the outside as well (whereas my improvements are only really visible with the car on a lift).

I thought I was going to hate the GT3 smile but it works perfectly and looks as though it was "meant to be." As said, the whole thing looks totally coherent and not really "modified" in any way (sticking with 18" wheels probably helps here). I really like it!

What do the headlight surrounds look like up close? These are the more expensive ones right? Did you try the cheap ones first?

GT3 vent thoughts on looks are individual for sure. However what can’t be argued is that the fit on these cars is fantastic Really does look factory fitment / quality.

Yes I did buy some cheaper headlight decals first. The KSI ones fitted now are £100+ from USA. But fit great. They have grown on me very quickly - but I can see how they might not be everyone’s cup of tea. However: the original lights  have that ‘horrible’ exterior / perimeter ‘pattern’ on them which isn’t wonderful. So the trims are the best of the lesser of two evils imo. 

17 hours ago, Ben said:

It looks great Syer, all the mods complement the overall look of the car.  And the condition of your Cayman puts mine to shame!! :) 

Thanks Ben. But absolutely no less enjoyed I’m dammed sure !!

Speaking of which - I blasted in a few early miles this am: to further settle suspension / springs in before Geometry setting-up tomorrow morning 😎

Have a great Bank Hol weekend folks 👍

BC3E15B5-A956-4C5B-8488-20DFE80A2136.jpeg

2 hours ago, Kdh said:

....and that would be my question - what's the ride like compared to standard with the Eibachs?

I can’t / don’t want to push the car (tyres) too much until I’ve had the Geo done.  But initial thoughts are: I’ve not really thought about them too much ! So they must be doing alright 😎 Not that different to stock to be fair. That’s probably a statement about how firm / good stock springs are....

Very slightly firmer (But not crashy - or possibly even less so than standard ?), with better visuals  and a nice ride quality.

Will report back further after tomorrow’s Geo session and a few miles under our belt, on firmness, body roll, how the progressive aspect feels etc....

Edited by sevenfourate

4 minutes ago, sevenfourate said:

So today is a Geo kinda day....

4AE1594C-0D41-45F8-BB2E-02A9E9463491.jpeg

A00351A9-35AC-46F9-9484-86CC6E01B42A.jpeg

Is that the before or after? You've got toe in on one rear and toe out on the other (plus a thrust angle). 

If before, that's amazingly close

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Lennym1984 said:

Is that the before or after? You've got toe in on one rear and toe out on the other (plus a thrust angle). 

If before, that's amazingly close

That’s after Lenny.

Best compromise we could get all around: keeping max camber on both fronts and as near 2 degrees on the rear....whilst trying to keep thrust angle etc.

I think for a road car - that’s really-really good on stock components with no adjustable drop links etc etc 

7 hours ago, sevenfourate said:

That’s after Lenny.

Best compromise we could get all around: keeping max camber on both fronts and as near 2 degrees on the rear....whilst trying to keep thrust angle etc.

I think for a road car - that’s really-really good on stock components with no adjustable drop links etc etc 

So.... Does it drive as good as it now looks? 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Lennym1984 said:

So.... Does it drive as good as it now looks? 

You know Lenny: the most amazing difference after all the recent works: is the brakes....after a pretty major ‘service’ (All pistons removed / cleaned etc, new spring clips / pins fitted all round, handbrake mech stripped / cleaned / lubed, inner hub where handbrake pads ‘grab’ on cleaned up and basically given 5 or 6 hours (Much needed; it seems) love.

This coupled with the already fitted GT3 M/Cylinder and RBF660 fluid has transformed them into a pretty powerful and modern feeling set of stoppers.

But yes. Driving extremely well Thankyou. I’ve really enjoyed piling in some miles the last few days.....

**Im getting hassled to join a few mates on an evening Trackday now 😎

So how's the ride compared to standard with the Eibachs after a few miles now. Sorry to keep asking but I have to make a decision whether to have mine fitted or not.

Edited by Kdh
  • Like 1