What would you do?

We are going away for the weekend. Weather is reasonable, however the long  journey this Friday will be in pissing rain. 

Now my car is tucked up in the garage all clean and polished, even the underneiis proper clean. 

If I take the Cayman it will get proper shitted up, which unfortunately really bugs me. My OCD will be going haywire 😔

What would you do (I think I know the answer) take the Porsche and get it really dirty or take one of the other cars 🤔

ps I know it is a stupid question but I can't help it.. 

Thanks in advance, try not to take the piss too much 🤣🤣

I never ask myself which car to take; I always think to myself do I need to take the daily?  If the answer is no then I get in the R and drive off! :D

I barely drove my FD.  I did less than 3000 miles in 3 years of owning it.  The car was always garaged, always clean, but I don't miss the car at all; I never bloody drove it to care about whether I possessed it or not.  I only realised that after it was gone and I couldn't have cared less.

On the other hand, I put 12k on my S2000 in 18 months and I miss it dearly.  I will buy another one, one day...

• Like 1

Depends if the drive is worth it. Sitting in a traffic jam isn't what a Cayman is designed for.

I take my boring car for traffic jams.

Took the Cayman in the end. Was quite a bright morning in Derby. 

Was just an M5 slog really. Weather mixed as expected. 6hour motorway schlep 😔

I get where you're coming from with the choice as to which to take - I've made the poorer choice a number of times myself in the past!! This year has made me realise that life is far too short for worrying about how clean the car stays and for how long so I've used mine more in the past 6 months than I did for the whole of the previous year so far! Good to see you made the right decision in the end.😁

• Like 1

2 hours ago, s3 akr said:

I get where you're coming from with the choice as to which to take - I've made the poorer choice a number of times myself in the past!! This year has made me realise that life is far too short for worrying about how clean the car stays and for how long so I've used mine more in the past 6 months than I did for the whole of the previous year so far! Good to see you made the right decision in the end.😁

Thanks mate. I get such a buzz from knowing the car is tucked up in the garage and clean to my OCD levels sometimes it is a shame to use it 👀

However that will change as it will be used until the first road salt appears this winter 😁

Yeah, same here - want it clean all the time. Bought a Fiesta ST2 as a daily driver (seats in the back for the kids), but ended up getting that machine polished and ceramic coated, so ended up with TWO cars to pamper. Well, actually 3 as my wife has a car too. Long story short, the Fiesta is no longer needed, so the Cayman is now the daily and it'll get dirty, but it'll wash off.

Cheers,

Bryan