Cayman R Chat

On 31/08/2016 at 19:04, Red Square Images said:

Got a part number? Im struggling to find them on their site. :(

ZPR21809 Front Grille Set (i.e. what you see in the picture plus a central grille I chose not to fit.) Check your PMs re: the Cayman R book too ;-)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Founder
10 minutes ago, el_rapido said:

Hi all, new member to the website here.  Although not new to the CR, have been enjoying mine for 4+ years, purchased back in 2012.  It's still factory OEM apart from a tweak to the geo for better turn-in, however my list of potential mods is growing after starting to look through this forum!  It has such a nice balance at the moment I don't want to mess around with it too much.

Couple of pics below from a recent trackday at the Nurburgring.  

Now a boring question to kick things off, what products to people use on their bucket seats to keep them in good nic?  I have some alcantara cleaner but not sure what to use on the leatherette part of the seat (i.e. a cleaner/conditioner), as I don't believe its actually real leather (correct me if I'm wrong).  Cheers. 

Welcome :) 

I had the same geo set-up done on mine plus a pair of front wheel spacers (7mm) and it really wakes the car up.  

Alcantara is a 100% man made product, using synthetic fibres.  Lemon juice on a microfibres cloth made damp with warm water is a great cleaner for Alcantara.  

The 'leather' part I'm also not sure about, but I use a damp cloth and occasionally baby wipes on mine.  Also the seat bolster protectors to keep the side bolsters wearing out.  

Edited by Beanoir
  • Like 1

Cool, thanks for that.  So you're running a slightly wider track at the front.  I've seen people add spacers to the rear as well, but maybe that's just for aesthetics.

Yeah mine has some more alcantara bits inside incl door arm-rests, gearshift boot, centre console, and steering wheel, definitely needs maintenance / regular cleaning to keep it looking good.  

• Administrators
1 hour ago, el_rapido said:

Hi all, new member to the website here.  Although not new to the CR, have been enjoying mine for 4+ years, purchased back in 2012.  It's still factory OEM apart from a tweak to the geo for better turn-in, however my list of potential mods is growing after starting to look through this forum!  It has such a nice balance at the moment I don't want to mess around with it too much.

Couple of pics below from a recent trackday at the Nurburgring.  

Now a boring question to kick things off, what products to people use on their bucket seats to keep them in good nic?  I have some alcantara cleaner but not sure what to use on the leatherette part of the seat (i.e. a cleaner/conditioner), as I don't believe its actually real leather (correct me if I'm wrong).  Cheers. 

Welcome! :welcome:

Great photos. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • Founder

Has anybody been successful in finding a wheel refurbishment place that can replicate the finish on the black Spyder wheels with the thin silver rim?  

I've found many places won't do it...:/

1 hour ago, Beanoir said:

Has anybody been successful in finding a wheel refurbishment place that can replicate the finish on the black Spyder wheels with the thin silver rim?  

I've found many places won't do it...:/

Have you tried exel wheels?

• Founder

So I've got my CR going in for a minor service and MOT, whilst in I'll also have the brake fluid change and probably pads.  They also told me I should have my Drive Belt replaced.  By this I assume they mean the serpentine Aux belt? 

The book doesn't specify this and the car is on 20k miles, what's the general view on replacing the belt?