Stu's 981 GTS

Stutopia

Looks great, and some lovely looking roads on the way to the shops! :)

Don't worry about mods, enjoy and keep the pictures coming! 

Cheeky little mod today. I’ve not been pleased with the debris that’s come out of the bumper recesses, so decided to get on to it.

3490C79A-5B1B-4A23-9BC2-42B2FBEEB193.jpeg.32925844d41c093b6c28ce9d37146a87.jpeg

715D4E33-E3D7-4536-954B-189B6F9C9B16.jpeg.eb0922d977c66480fedfe8fbaad23056.jpeg

I’m not in love with the grilles but some times function is way ahead of form, and these are quite subtle.7E66204D-C257-455E-95B2-146FA99D181A.jpeg.0b3e5acad964d53146220b49e29e9567.jpeg

• Like 1

Zunsports?

I think the fit and look of them on 981s is far better than on 987s, because they sit ‘in’ the opening, rather than cover over the top of it. 

That said, I fitted zunsports to mine the day I bought it 4 years ago and when I removed the bumpers last month (and 23k miles later) for repainting there was barely any debris in/on the rads and condensers, so they definitely work 👍🏻

cars looking stunning too Stu 🤩

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Whomever originally fitted the plate on the plinth made a right mess of it, wasn’t even close to straight. So I popped it off and decided I didn’t like the plinth either. One vinyl plate later (road legal) and I think it looks way better, if I do say so myself.

27E13CBF-509D-43F5-9D11-5C70F5BFD9DD.jpeg.2d4adcaeabe46fb0f355a61a67d28eea.jpeg

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Bushman said:

just thinking about doing exactly the same whilst mine is still in little pieces and also using the down time to get the front end resprayed. I hate the sticky out carrier oIMG_2827.HEICn mine, it never fitted nicely.

I can defo recommend onestopnumberplates for the quality of the vinyl and quality of customer service. The fitment was fine but required a bit of patience (you need A LOT of water spray with a little fairy liquid in, on both the vehicle and the adhesive side of the plate) and also a heat gun (low) or hairdryer to assist with getting a very smooth finish on curves and manipulating air bubbles with your squeegee tool of choice (a hard mini roller is better than a credit card IMO). The bumper on my car has quite an aggressive curve at the top, which the vinyl hated, yours maybe easier to work with.

The only thing I would say about doing it after a re-spray, is to consult your bodyshop about placing vinyl onto freshly sprayed paint (escaping gasses etc.).

• Like 1

On 17/03/2021 at 20:42, Stutopia said:

Whomever originally fitted the plate on the plinth made a right mess of it, wasn’t even close to straight. So I popped it off and decided I didn’t like the plinth either. One vinyl plate later (road legal) and I think it looks way better, if I do say so myself.

27E13CBF-509D-43F5-9D11-5C70F5BFD9DD.jpeg.2d4adcaeabe46fb0f355a61a67d28eea.jpeg

Surely the plinth acts as a better buffer in case someone nudges back into you.

7 hours ago, Julian987 said:

Surely the plinth acts as a better buffer in case someone nudges back into you.

That could well be true, but I like to live dangerously. On the flip side, the car is a few centimetres shorter now, so maybe they will miss me instead of bumping me.

• 5 weeks later...

I love that ducktail lip - where’s that from? Is there a 987 version?

and re the seized butterflies - a friendly bespoke exhaust company might be able to cut your old ones out of your rear silencers and weld in new ones? 🤷‍♂️

rather than pay the £2-3k for total new PSE assemblies from OPC. 👍🏻

Edited by Windymiller

22 hours ago, Windymiller said:

I love that ducktail lip - where’s that from? Is there a 987 version?

and re the seized butterflies - a friendly bespoke exhaust company might be able to cut your old ones out of your rear silencers and weld in new ones? 🤷‍♂️

rather than pay the £2-3k for total new PSE assemblies from OPC. 👍🏻

Thanks for the kind words. The lip is from design911 - I was only browsing for 981 so you'd have to have a look on there to see what 987 options there are.

Good suggestion on the exhaust, I'm taking her in for new gaskets on Thursday and may try and talk him into it, there not the easiest location to work with, right on the edge of a bend - I'll see how brave he is :)

• 1 month later...

Some fantastic pictures there @Stutopia! Looks like it was a fantastic trip. We did it anti-clockwise back in 2018 and had an amazing time, also with really good weather. Must get back up there in the R!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...