2.7 Gen1 987 (Modified)

Equinox

• 2 weeks later...

So finally started work on the 19inch Cayenne wheels I picked up a little while ago for very cheap. 

Think the personally look great so given me motivation to get finished. Also they do fit! which I had a few people adamant on the porsche owners Facebook groups that they wouldn't despite the figures I gave them 🤣

IMG_20200323_152058.jpg.874b46a8e8f7fe726d04c3f6ed2d60d4.jpg

IMG_20200323_152117.jpg.72ac4bb5c3ecc3e79617da6083e6e5df.jpg

Also picked up another set of 18's that require some work to fix the worming on the lips. Minor issue that can be fixed with some elbow grease as shown on the test section. 

IMG_20200322_195121.jpg.51e1f2dbbabf5221e15f7f5c4ae408ed.jpg

IMG_20200323_150805.jpg.f5f960e47843f087dd7f37cfcadf1080.jpg

Watch this space 😎

• Like 1

Beautiful pics 😁 hope you had a brilliant day. 

My youngest daughter gets married next year,  trying to work out how I can get the Cayman involved in the day and in the wedding pics 😀

22 hours ago, Craiglm68 said:

You married your car???!!😲

She looks a treat, congratulations!

Yeah he identifies as a PSE so could get the paperwork through okay and marry the car.....

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Certainly won't miss that @Equinox !! Not my thing - but that's not the point. I can tell you're genuinely really pleased with the wing. Good for you !  And you won't see one the same once you've mounted it up 👌

And i like the individual aspect of the 'louvres' on the front wings too. Cool stuff........

Can i ask where you got the black headlight (Decal ?) surround trims from ? Seen a few with these ......i know you can likely get in the US of A, but....

• Thanks 1

@sevenfourate the black decal was from a guy in the UK who was selling them as a quick side project. I'm not sure he does them anymore as I can't find the advert he had up at the time. Will keep hunting to try find his name as it was a while ago that I got them.

Going to keep things rolling. 

I have had the initial prototype back for the fender vents. 

IMG_20200511_095524.jpg.14f3a07630fdc9ddc0a7ca249b393980.jpg

IMG_20200511_095528.jpg.7d8e6f35944f8d1f697a6b00cedec26b.jpg

IMG_20200511_095655.jpg.9a45e9f7e045cbe1a4a9a318a136570a.jpg

Initial impression is great. They fit really well but I'm going to adjust the curvature of one side to make them even better. Bearing in min they are slightly sat off the fender as I have a mounting rib running round the underside for locating into the hole that will be cut in the fender. 

So all systems go with this. Will take some measurements off this initial one and get another couple kicked off with some tweaks to vent height and size etc... Pick the best and then push forward getting them properly manufactured. 

Always loved proper home brew custom modifications. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Equinox said:

@sevenfourate the black decal was from a guy in the UK who was selling them as a quick side project. I'm not sure he does them anymore as I can't find the advert he had up at the time. Will keep hunting to try find his name as it was a while ago that I got them.

Missed this somehow. But thanks for your reply and effort finding. I’d love to hear if you do ever come across the details......

Spoiler is MAD ! Looks really well on your car 👌

On 11/05/2020 at 22:46, sevenfourate said:

Missed this somehow. But thanks for your reply and effort finding. I’d love to hear if you do ever come across the details......

Spoiler is MAD ! Looks really well on your car 👌

Could a group buy from the USA be a possibility? If you are referring to the ones on ebay, they are only $20 but then the postage pretty much doubles the price. If somebody wants to order a few sets, perhaps there is a deal to be done.

I usually go to the US a few times a year (work and family) but for obvious reasons, I doubt I'll have any more trips this year.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Lennym1984 said:

Could a group buy from the USA be a possibility? If you are referring to the ones on ebay, they are only $20 but then the postage pretty much doubles the price. If somebody wants to order a few sets, perhaps there is a deal to be done.

I usually go to the US a few times a year (work and family) but for obvious reasons, I doubt I'll have any more trips this year.

Interesting ! Not seen those. I’ll look tonight when home.

What do I need to search for; or do you have a link ?

EDIT***Just searched and can't find any @Lennym1984  🙄

But i'd be up for a group buy........

Edited by sevenfourate