Cayman Insurance

Keith W

So, just got my renewal quote from Adrian Flux for my Cayman S with 2 years NCB for 564.48 and thought I would try Compare the Market which brought up Admiral for 406.56 and whilst talking to Maddie at Admiral I enquired to find out how much more it would cost to add my Girlfriend to the policy. To my amazement it brought the fully comp cover down even more to 365.12

Just thought I would share this with you as you might save a few quid by adding a second driver.

• Thanks 1

Wow...that's not bad at all. My current insurance is via REIS (£378 incl some track days etc, they would only insure people who had done some advanced driving etc (which my wife doesn't), 

I use Marsh Premier Solutions who broker from Aviva - £330 for the 981 CS (late 2013 model).

I am a mature (in numbers only 😀) driver, have full no claims, protected NCD and includes two trackdays. Social & Domestic cover only.They will also `mirror` your NCD to a second car.

Marsh - Aviva used to operate the Porsche Club GB scheme hence the trackdays may only be those PCGB operated, I`d need to check. They are a superb company to deal with, as a broker they charge a small admin fee (£20) for any policy changes during the term. 

Marsh Premier Solutions - 0345 600 6419  

2 hours ago, Windymiller said:

Putting SWMBO on my Manning policy increased its premium. 😱

So so she didn’t go on it this year... 😁😉

No dinner for you for the next 12 months then .....

5 hours ago, Mk1 said:

I use Marsh Premier Solutions who broker from Aviva - £330 for the 981 CS (late 2013 model).

I am a mature (in numbers only 😀) driver, have full no claims, protected NCD and includes two trackdays. Social & Domestic cover only.They will also `mirror` your NCD to a second car.

Marsh - Aviva used to operate the Porsche Club GB scheme hence the trackdays may only be those PCGB operated, I`d need to check. They are a superb company to deal with, as a broker they charge a small admin fee (£20) for any policy changes during the term. 

Marsh Premier Solutions - 0345 600 6419  

Good to know, If I had not changed my insurance for business use and had to start NCB from scratch, I would have had 40 years NCB on the car and 38 on the Bike

Edited by Keith W

I have my Cayman and daily driver insured via admiral. Added my home insurance as well so it's all under one policy and I got a good deal paying just under £470 for the lot. They were significantly cheaper than anyone else. Hopefully they are competitive come renewal time.

I used an Admiral multi car policy for two years then on the renewal they more than doubled the price and wouldn't explain why so we dropped them. heard  similar stories since. now with Hastings for half the price

• 1 month later...

Had my renewal from Manning @ £490 (up £30 from last year). 

Called Locktons - £540, and only cover PCGB trackdays. 

Called Manning and informed of some changes of use since last years policy (<5k miles per annum, garaged, dual-car discount) - requoted at £345, incl. unlimited UK ATDO registered track days. 

Happy days (some perks to getting older (not many, but cheaper insurance is one 🤔)...) 👍🏻😁

• 1 month later...