sevenfourates 987.1 Meteor Grey Cayman.........

sevenfourate

11 hours ago, Tozerman said:

Although stainless Steel exhausts are definitely not my thing I'm looking forward to seeing yours fitted. 

🤔

Ha ! As much as a little more 'Porsche experience' ref the sound perhaps. Its the knowing its Stainless and hopefully another 'fit and forget' exercise of a part that won't have to be revisited....

We'll see 😁

17 hours ago, sevenfourate said:

So (For the moment) my new office paper-weights have arrived...

***89mm OD outlet, 67 ID inlet and the length needed to achieve a small amount of 'poke' to the rear - with the X-pipe supplied. And no rubbing. Allegedly 😁

gtsAQc4.jpg

93Q2fUw.jpg

As well as dumping the original Topgear tips, i've also today replaced the supplied mild steel / plated fitting kit: with all stainless fixings, Stainless Mikalor exhaust clamps and stainless steel U-bolts.

Lets hope we get chances to meet up, use our cars 'properly' and vent some anger in earnest this year 😏

They look great Syer and will compliment the colour of your car I'm sure!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Ben said:

They look great Syer and will compliment the colour of your car I'm sure!

Thanks Ben. The Matt carbon tips should fit in well with matt GT3 Smile vent going on, a couple of other Satin black bits being painted etc and the already matt / Satin parts fitted such as decals and badging.

You've been quiet of late on here.....how's yours running ?

Was on one of the FB groups recently and someone had posted a vid of a CS with a Top Gear system doing a drive by “at pace”.....sounded like a Datsun 120Y approaching warp speed......

Just kidding Syer, sounded great actually!

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, sevenfourate said:

Thanks Ben. The Matt carbon tips should fit in well with matt GT3 Smile vent going on, a couple of other Satin black bits being painted etc and the already matt / Satin parts fitted such as decals and badging.

You've been quiet of late on here.....how's yours running ?

All good at the mo thanks Syer, just completed another reseal of the door gasket, and fitted new halogens.  Not really had much of a chance to stretch its legs recently as you can imagine! But the MOT is coming up so I'll let you know how I feel about it after that!  😉😁

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Those are cracking looking wheels Syer, I bet you can't wait to get them on the car!

Along with all the other upgrades of course!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ben said:

Those are cracking looking wheels Syer, I bet you can't wait to get them on the car!

Along with all the other upgrades of course!

Thanks Ben.

The wheels arent the absolute best looking i've seen.

However the weight, fitment, looks, strength, offset combination blah blah is.....

Any idea what the weight comparison is to equivalent Oz superlegara?

are these wheels different to the ones you were considering then?

trhey look like they’ll fill out the arch perfectly 👍🏻

• Like 1

On 04/03/2021 at 09:44, Windymiller said:

Any idea what the weight comparison is to equivalent Oz superlegara?

are these wheels different to the ones you were considering then?

trhey look like they’ll fill out the arch perfectly 👍🏻

Quick bit of Googling show a Superleggera 18" wheel.....but only 8j wide is 18.5lbs / 8.4kg.

"We took the 8x18 inch OZ Superleggera to the scale for a quick test. Including center cap and minus the stem, each wheel weighed 18.5 lb, which is very impressive.

As a comparison, we have seem some 8x18 wheels that weigh up to 29.4 lb! One 7x18 wheel weighted 35.6 lb, which was surprising. In all fairness, most wheels weight around 25 pounds or so and there are some wheels that would weight even less than the OZ Superleggera."

The Revolution CR10's ive bought have a 10j wide rear - and that weighs 10.3kg in Porsche 5 x 130 fitment. (Which also appears to be a 'heavier option' with some manufacturers).....ie: The OZ in the wider 18 x 10j and Porsche fitment; might also be getting toward double figures; in kg ?

Edited by sevenfourate
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, TrickyDicky78 said:

This is the most amazing thread. Thank you for all the updates!!!! Looking forward to seeing the next batch of work.

Thankyou so much. The next update really will ‘the big one’ !

Not really by design, but I’ve ended up getting all mechanicals 110%, then the paint ‘factory fresh’......so now it’s time for other than stock parts; ‘modifications’ 😏

I’m nearly 50. But I’m truly struggling to contain my excitement. And I MUST resist the urge to pop in and see progress. I’d much prefer to see it in its full effect once everything is done.

We’ll see soon !

Wow.

Amazing thread. Lovely car. Meticulous owner.

I'm looking forward to reading how you get on with the Lowering Springs as that is my next project.

Onwards and sideways. Good luck.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Kdh said:

Wow.

Amazing thread. Lovely car. Meticulous owner.

I'm looking forward to reading how you get on with the Lowering Springs as that is my next project.

Onwards and sideways. Good luck.

Thankyou for the kind words

‘We’re’ now into the current works 😁 Springs are due to go on any day now - but I won’t be driving until April 1st. But I will be sure to post some pics......and then my thoughts of course.

Have you got a particular brand you’re leaning towards, a stance your looking for, a bias toward road or track use, or ?

Cheers.

On 17/03/2021 at 17:50, sevenfourate said:

Thank you for the kind words
Have you got a particular brand you’re leaning towards, a stance your looking for, a bias toward road or track use, or ?

The kind words are deserved. It takes a lot of patience and focus to do what you do and makes for very interesting forum reading as well as being very informative and helpful with all the pics and links. I won't be alone thinking that.

The Springs - I have an Eibach Pro Kit Sportline set to go on the 2.7 at some stage. Currently running stock suspension with no PASM and 17" wheels.

The ride is already firm enough over uneven road surfaces and I wouldn't want it any harder so i'm a bit wary about what the new springs will do to the ride, hence lots of interest in your next suspension post.

The spring change is purely for aesthetics as I find the gap between the tyres and wheel arches a bit too high. The lower the better. If funds would allow I'd go for a PSS9 or 10 setup, but they don't, so I'm hoping the Eibachs will lower it just enough.

As for exhausts, I had the switchable Top Gear version (£995) on my last Cayman and was very pleased although with the valves open its pretty loud. I fitted some baffles in the tailpipes and 'tuned' it down. Fitment was very good. Everyone's out of stock at the moment but I believe Top Gear will have some in around mid April.

Edited by Kdh