New owner - Gen 2 2.9

Hi, thought I would introduce myself, recently purchased my first Porsche a Gen 2 - Base Cayman 2.9.  I'm located in Gloucester would be good to meet up with local owners.

Regards

Ray

screenshot.jpg

Edited by C9YMAN
  • Like 1

Welcome on board!

It looks exactly like mine!

Would be nice a meeting, and it seems we are not even too far. I live in Bicester, maybe we are able to organise something half way 🙂

Cheers,

Andrea

Welcome to the COC Ray 😉👍🏻😁

lovely looking example - is that seal grey? I think it makes the cayman look very ‘executive’ in that colour 😍👍🏻

I think the cayman is the only car I know that looks good in EVERY OE colour available. 🤩. When I was looking for mine, there wasn’t a colour that I wouldn’t have had it in, so long as the spec was right. 

Hope you find us a friendly bunch, and a mine of information on the car. 

• Like 1

Hi Ray, I live in Churchdown which part of Gloucester are you in?

I've also got a Gen2 base. Mines in Aqua blue.

Cheers

Rich

Hi Ray, good to see another Cayman in Gloucestershire,  I live in the Forest of Dean, and like Rich said would be ideal to meet up like minded owners , again another gen2 2.9 owner , enjoy your new motor Regards Paul

Thanks for the warm welcome all, it's my first proper 2 seater sports car so getting to grips with the dynamics of the car.  It was also a spur of the moment purchase from a friend who owns a performance garage.  @Windymiller Yes I believe the colour is seal grey.

@GlosRich I live in Abbeymead area of Gloucester, only moved down from Manchester about 3 years ago, I hear there is a nice road going from Cheltenham to Cirencester from the Seven Springs, maybe we could take a drive down some time?  

@cito Thats not that far, yes up for meeting somewhere in between.

Any one on here Porsche UK Members ? I know there are some events coming up soon...

https://www.porscheclubgb.com/events/2019/august/north-east-regional-show-at-witton-castle