Simply Porsche, 7th June Beaulieu 2020...spot reserved

22 hours ago, sevenfourate said:

Well done Craig.

Near 500 mile round-trip from here. Hmmmmm.......

I would have thought the drive would only make attending all the more appealing.....😁

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Well done Craig!!

I'll be there but helping to man the Tipec tent (The Independent Porsche Enthusiasts Club).

Not sure where I'll be parking my Cayman though as it can be a bit chaotic parking!

How many cars are you expecting?

I'm staying over the weekend so I'm sure we'll bump into each other.

17 hours ago, magic8080 said:

Well done Craig!!

I'll be there but helping to man the Tipec tent (The Independent Porsche Enthusiasts Club).

Not sure where I'll be parking my Cayman though as it can be a bit chaotic parking!

How many cars are you expecting?

I'm staying over the weekend so I'm sure we'll bump into each other.

##Cheers! As for numbers, I honestly don't know...it will be a case of "shake the bushes"  closer to the time. Normally we've had half a dozen Caymans (plus the odd interloper where friends have come in other Porsche metal)

The Old Abbey site can fit circa 10 cars , perhaps if TIPEC has some overflow in the Cayman Department they could sneak a few in with us....all Brothers/Sisters in Arms so to speak!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • Founder

I noticed Craig had posted on Facebook last week, thought I'd update the thread here.  

Its no real surprise given the current predicament the world ends itself in that Simply Porsche has been postponed this year.  A great shame as I think it's an event we all look forward to every year.  Let's hope that it can rearranged for a date later in the year.  

Following the latest Government advice, we are sorry to postpone this event as the Beaulieu attraction and offices have now closed to visitors. We will, however, plan to rearrange a new date for later in the year. Tickets will still be valid for the rearranged date and we will contact ticket holders directly with further information. We are sorry for any inconvenience caused. Please check our website for further news updates.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
22 hours ago, Childsy said:

Hi Guys, any updates on this? Is there any spaces left for the new revised date? 

##I hadn't heard about a new date, I'll chase up the chap who confirmed our attendance last time

Update from Beaulieu;

Hi Craig,

Thank you for your email. Simply Porsche is rearranged and we are announcing all of the dates tomorrow.If you check back on our website in the morning the dates will be up there as well as tickets for sale and details on the new format.

For example we will only be allowing 500 participants for now due to maximum capacity on the Simply rallies and all participant vehicles will be parked in the parkland. 

Unfortunately under the new format we will not be accepting club stand bookings for the Simply rallies now as all cars will be parked as and when they arrive in order for us to park cars in a socially distanced manner. All clubs that have pre-booked are due to be told this tomorrow once we announce the new dates.

Kind regards,

Charlotte

Tried to log onto their website to see if the revised date had been announced but each device I tried to access their site with suggested the site was not safe and denied me access!

Anyone else find this or know the revised date?

Latest email; anyone interested in a convoy/meet up beforehand?

I am emailing with regards to Simply Porsche, originally scheduled for Sunday 7th June 2020, to confirm that this will be going ahead with a new date on Sunday 27th September.

The format of Simply Porsche will change to ensure the safety and welfare of participants, visitors and staff and in line with Government guidance to prevent the risk of infection from Covid-19.

As such, we will be not be able to accept club stand bookings for any of our Simply rallies in order for us to feasibly park in a socially distanced manner, and to avoid any large gatherings of people.

Ticket numbers will also be limited to 500 per Simply, and available on a first-come first-served basis for all new purchases. All participants will need to pre-book and print their tickets to allow us to manage capacity and avoid any payment transactions with staff on arrival. This will hopefully make for a swifter entry on the day.

Participant tickets already purchased will be valid for the new date and are factored into the maximum capacity.  A communication will go out to these ticket holders shortly.

New tickets will go on sale today, please see the Simply Porsche webpage for further details.

I've just booked some tickets, will be coming from Bristol direction so might be able to meet up with others beforehand.

• Like 1

• Beanoir™ featured and unfeatured this topic