Cayman R Chat

11 hours ago, Budflicker said:

Hello all

New to a Cayman and therefore new to this forum, however a keen enthusiast so will look to be an active member.

I picked up my 1st Cayman last week and thought i'd introduce both myself and the car. 

Welcome! 

Lovely car, is it Viper green?? Didn’t know that was an R colour.

36 minutes ago, Trickle said:

Welcome! 

Lovely car, is it Viper green?? Didn’t know that was an R colour.

Hi , it is indeed viper Green! It wasn't an R colour but this car was paint to sample from the factory. as far as i am aware the only one in the UK.

in fact i've never seen another one this colour, though i am aware that there is a LHD version owned by Porsche at the Porsche museum sometimes.

• 1 month later...

I'd really have expected those guys to get the name of the colour right ?

Can't see it hanging around for long, given how few manual examples are hitting the market.

20 hours ago, Beanoir said:

Well if anybody is looking, my old car is back up for sale again.  :(  

Wish I could buy it back....

https://rpmtechnik.co.uk/sales/vehicle/cayman-r-5/

Wish I could buy it  - now, how to make the blokenomics work.... ???????

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Hello All,

New to the forum and on the look out for a Cayman R manual.

Just wondering opinions on the following R for sale and if anyone knew the car etc -   https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201808079236445?sort=sponsored&onesearchad=Used&onesearchad=Nearly New&onesearchad=New&postcode=ng96ng&make=PORSCHE&advertising-location=at_cars&model=CAYMAN&radius=1500&aggregatedTrim=987 R&page=1

No PSE but i would retro fit this at some stage.

Thanks,

Phil

• Founder

Missing possibly the most desirable and difficult (expensive) to retrofit bucket seats.  If that doesn’t bother you and you’re looking to keep the car long term then it doesn’t matter, but if resale bothers you then it will be difficult to shift if you ever want to without them.  

My personal opinion is that the R represents possibly one of the best drivers cars Porsche has made and the bucket seats complete the package.  

No Sport mode, sports exhaust, the wrong seats - it's not a spec I'd be interested in personally.  But each to their own.  I'd be patient and wait for one with a more desirable spec.  Just my opinion.  My car is driven with sport exhaust and sport mode on 100% of the time.  

On 15/05/2018 at 11:43, Jim1556 said:

Hi all, not a Cayman owner yet, but I am on the look out for a manual CR, so if any of you are thinking of selling, please get in touch. Thanks!

Hi Jim it’s a great car and you won’t regret it for a sec! From my perspective I thought about manual when buying mine but opted for pdk for ultimate performance (launch control and sport plus modes) swing it whilst having the other options I wanted. It also helps in low speed traffic less tiring on driver. I have moved abroad and so my car is  currently for sale MK61. Let me know if interested. Adam

Thank you for the replies.

I think this will be a short term purchase, up to 12 months but i may fall in love with it and want to keep it! Seems the general trend!

The black Cayman R at Redline is perfect but PDK :(

Also like the white R at Boler but no A/C!

Thanks,

Phil

I specced mine with no AC and hasn't bothered me one bit, even on track this summer - for me the R was all about being a lightweight and focused driver's car; no sat-nav or Bose in mine, either ?

Given that this year has probably seen more hot days than the last ten years combined, I just can't see a point where I'm likely to miss it. I think I turned the AC on in my 911 a hand full of times in the three years I had it. 

Each to their own, of course ?