Cayman R Chat

• Founder
48 minutes ago, Cayman R Paul said:

WTRs5oTb.jpg

DN9HNyfo.jpg

I know there have been more than 4 Cayman R together at a time, but I can't think on having seen as many in the launch colour in one spot before. We turned a lot of heads driving through Aberdeen last night and it was slightly surreal to look in my mirror and have 3 clones behind!  Great to meet the other owners and hopefully there will be a peridot R run soon.  I'm curious how many peridot cars there are - suspect this could be 10% of the UK ones easy enough....

That’s awesome! Are they all members? 

59 minutes ago, Beanoir said:

That’s awesome! Are they all members? 

I'm actually not sure on that front.  I know 2 have contributed to the CR thread on PH but not sure about here....  I know one from PH, one from Instagram and one through LinkedIn.  What a world of social networking we live in eh?

On 11/08/2018 at 13:20, Philnotts said:

Do many members daily there Cayman R?

I did for a while , about 6-8 months on first ownership but you soon rack up the miles and pick up annoying little scuffs/dents from other idiots In car parks etc. so I tend not too anymore. I'm fortunate to have other distracting ways of getting to work :sSW_darthvader: 

Edited by MJ
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • Founder
1 minute ago, PhilCS said:

Any chance of breaking the world Cayman Rs in one place record - surely this has to be done?? 

I don’t know what the ‘world record’ is but we could give it a go 

On 15/08/2018 at 16:29, PhilCS said:

What would be helpful is visibility of the legal case referred to in the article. 

Its referred to elsewhere on this forum somewhere. The plaintiff won several thousand from Porsche as a result. It was with regards to the ‘safety’ implications for the flat-spot in the Rev range supposedy to aid emissions that many of us bemoan. 

Any legal eagles amongst us that can search and access U.K. case histories... ?

Edited by Windymiller

• 2 months later...

Went out Trophy Hunting in Essex on NYD. Anyone else get their R's out over the festive period?

0CCCAAB7-E78F-4EA7-8AB8-B55FF06B6D83_zps

58CC3486-F123-4135-8BE9-39BD5FEDF30F_zps

Edited by Frayz

On 17/10/2018 at 21:25, Windymiller said:

What would be helpful is visibility of the legal case referred to in the article. 

Its referred to elsewhere on this forum somewhere. The plaintiff won several thousand from Porsche as a result. It was with regards to the ‘safety’ implications for the flat-spot in the Rev range supposedy to aid emissions that many of us bemoan. 

Any legal eagles amongst us that can search and access U.K. case histories... ?

Et voila:

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/media/5ae970eeed915d42f42b60bb/GIA_0224_2016-00.pdf

articles 2, 4, 39, 45, 46 & 57 make for interesting reading...

now, any lawyers amongst us that want to bring a class action against Porsche GB viz the ‘infamous’ Cayman flat spot to get us all some compo.... 🤔😉👍🏻