OFF SORN

Tozerman

With the weather forecast for next weekend being warm 15 degrees and dry who else is thinking of taxing their car and taking it out for a first run out of 2121? 

Me for sure 😁 Going to be enough rain over the next couple of days to wash the salt away, what is there to loose 😎

Mines booked in for all its essential work 😏 Mid March......and i shall be taxing and using from April 1st (Hope thats not an unluckly omen in itself) thereafter.

And i can read, be told or listen to all the (Likely very sane) reasons in the World why i should use it in the Winter. But it aint happening !

• Like 1

16 hours ago, sevenfourate said:

Mines booked in for all its essential work 😏 Mid March......and i shall be taxing and using from April 1st (Hope thats not an unluckly omen in itself) thereafter.

And i can read, be told or listen to all the (Likely very sane) reasons in the World why i should use it in the Winter. But it aint happening !

April 1st is the date I have in mind too. I can understand the limited effect of salt on galvanised steel argument, but I have quite enjoyed laying it up for winter, gives me a chance to do a proper clean and wax and actually have it stay that way for a while!

• Thanks 1

MOT'd, Taxed all year, you never know if your daily's gonna let yer down . Only been off road this winter due to refirbing/painting brake calipers. All finished and back on road last weekend.

Eh, it's my daily, so I just try to keep on top of it all. Not too difficult with the relatively mild UK winters—only if grit is out, really. I'm under it every couple of months doing something, and I wash it every week or two even at this time of year.

I thought I might enjoy it less in the cold/wet, but it's actually been fantastic. Think I'll commit to keeping it on the road full time.