Can you help with a feature in CAR magazine?

• Administrators

Just to add to Jame's post above, this is a legitimate request from a staff writer at Car magazine, so not only the chance to have some professional photographs of your car, James also tells me there is more to this opportunity than just driving your own car...i'll let James tell you more for those that feel like putting their hands up.  

If I had a 981 i'd be there - in fact I may just turn up to watch the fun! 

T. 

6 hours ago, JamesTaylor said:

Hi all,

I’m a writer at CAR magazine, and we’re currently in search of a 2012-on 981 Cayman owner to join us for the day for a feature, taking place on 21 July. The feature will be taking place in the Cambridgeshire/Northampton area. We don't need to drive your car but we would like to photograph you with it,  and, most importantly, get you to drive another Quite Interesting car on the day and interview you about your thoughts on it. Apologies if this sounds a bit cryptic, but if you'd be interested in helping us, please drop me a line at james.taylor@bauermedia.co.uk and I'll explain all!

Many thanks,
James

right on my doorstep and my cars too old!! bummer.

17 hours ago, JamesTaylor said:

Hi all,

Apologies for the delayed response, and for the discrimination against pre-2012 cars - nothing personal, honest!

Just emailed a reply to David, thanks!

James

None taken!

On a serious note, it would be quite interesting to see a comparison of all three actually - I suspect there are as many 987 owners considering the move up to the 718 as there from 981 owners.. 

Just to update this thread, I have accepted Car's offer to join them next week and it sounds like a fun day.

Will update further when I know more.

• Like 1

Looking forward to hearing of your experience mate, I keep switching my mind as to whether I should be considering a 718 or not, the engine...??!!  

Just had my joining instructions for tomorrow (the day changed from Thursday).

"We" will let you know. I've read some journalistic reviews lately, some good, some bad.

From these I expect:

1/ Awful noise from the 718 engine (F6 noise still delights me). I heard the 718 at idle on the launch day - not nice.

2/ Turbo lag (a criminal offence). What partly caused me to sell my MkII TTS. That and the 4WD uneasiness, and the suspension, and...

3/ Better handling (will I notice?).

4/ Better tech (not that interested).

Also interested in whether there's turbo overrun, as I experienced this in my TTS. Foot off throttle and it takes a moment for the car to start slowing. I'm fairly sure I won't find this in the 718.

4 hours ago, Andy said:

How did you find the day @DJMC, I know you probably can't say too much!? :)

The day was just as expected, although we did get a little extra treat (no, not a free Porsche!). Photos, driving, waiting around.

Interesting to see and hear how one of the glossy car mags works. What a great job to have!

More when I can...

• Like 1