I test drove my first R on Friday.  It's a newly arrived Guards Red PDK at OPC Bristol.  It's got just over 8k miles and is a one owner car with Spyders, Buckets, Sport Chrono/Chrono Plus, PSE, Aircon with Climate and Cruise but no Nav or Xenons.   They are asking £47k for it.  The low miles and 2 year Porsche warranty obviously need to be taken into account in terms of price but I'm not tempted enough, despite how fab it looks.   If it were manual or had Xenons I'd be a bit more tempted. 

• Like 1

I recall idly looking at a white 987 Spyder in Leics OPC autumn 2015. It was £41k. Wonder if they too are on the up?

Walked away from it... ugly looking thing! :o

The Spyder and the R certainly are increasing in price from what the top examples are advertised at but they do tend to hang around when they are at the £46k plus mark.

i have a CR so I am biased but they are a great car with not that many other cars to compete against them for the all round package you get.

They dipped a bit and then gained pace again over 2 or 3k each way but that's a £6k error if you sold and bought a car.

I had to paid more for my  latest R than I sold my Green R for by about £3k.

Prices are at a all time high now and lets hope stable.

I posted a thread a few weeks ago titled "crap lights". further to this, the 100w Zenon blue halogen bulbs I put in the mains got changed after the blue glass on one of the bulbs just shattered inside the headlamp after a few days. got my money back then went and bought 2 fan cooled H9 LED 100w 6000k cree type units, similar to the fan cooled H7s I had previously installed in the dips. I am now happy to report that my headlights are brilliant, excuse the pun. I can see where I am going, lovely white light, good long range on mains, sharp cut off lines on dips. happy

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

nice bit of rake going on with that stance.

Really hard to pitch a price for the R's as they vary from a lower price like that upto 47k from an OPC.  If they are selling it for 38k they must have only given the owner about 34-35k for it O.o