This weekends project.

The install is pretty straight forward.

I would highly recommend a bit of grease on the seals to make it easier to work them in place; doing it dry was going nowhere.  Bit of grease and they were on in a few minutes

Another pointer would be having some vacuum hose and a zip tie to mount the remaining solenoid.  You can leave the solenoid disconnected (won't cause a CEL) but you'll get fault codes when your car is scanned.

• Like 1

Well it's all in, everything seems to be running fine. Unfortunately theres rugby on today so going out for a drive is a no no. Hopefully I don't have any vacuum leaks. the clamps holding the plenum in really didn't want to play ball.

In other news my Durametric pro showed up today. I've switched off the thorax airbags, so no more error codes. If I can be bothered I might try and work out where resistors need to be inserted into the circuit so they can be switch on again. 

I'm planning on coming to the Shuttleworth meet, so I'll bring the cable along.

3 hours ago, Porsched eggs said:

Do you have to get the car remapped after fitting these to get the best from them?

Hi Pete,

To get the best, yes. Ideally I'd get sports cats before that as well, but I'm already on the limit for sound at Bedford. I'll see how she goes without the map for the time being.

Should get some decent gains seeing as the intake is now going from 74mm to 82mm.

Great modification, well worth it. Although without the remap I couldn't tell any difference in throttle response or power. After the remap and throttle body it was 10mph faster on the pit straight at Brands Hatch. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, jcm987 said:

Great modification, well worth it. Although without the remap I couldn't tell any difference in throttle response or power. After the remap and throttle body it was 10mph faster on the pit straight at Brands Hatch. 

Thats quite a difference!

Just about to head out now and see how she goes. Hopefully no air leaks.

19 hours ago, jcm987 said:

Did Parr do your re-map?

On 09/03/2019 at 14:09, jcm987 said:

Definitely.  The map really made the differences for me too.  I have a Softronic map, however, the advice doesn't change.  

I got pretty much 10 WHP across the board and the mid range had big gains - totally eliminated that awful flat spot between 3.5-4.5k.

I think that exhaust manifolds would take it to around 370, possibly even more.  I went away with 360 at the fly (load cell-based dyno).  I debated manifolds a while back but never pushed the button on the order.

10 hours ago, Aaron said:

Definitely.  The map really made the differences for me too.  I have a Softronic map, however, the advice doesn't change.  

I got pretty much 10 WHP across the board and the mid range had big gains - totally eliminated that awful flat spot between 3.5-4.5k.

I think that exhaust manifolds would take it to around 370, possibly even more.  I went away with 360 at the fly (load cell-based dyno).  I debated manifolds a while back but never pushed the button on the order.

I'm looking at Parr and Softronic for the maps. I've read somewhere that the softronic map can also add their version of sports chrono. Was this something you were offered?

I'm trying to find a simple way of dialling back the traction control.

Edited by Dougle_turbo

Dial back traction control....hit the PSM button? 😁

My remap was via DMS in Southampton, after a Carnewal GT and a minor air filter change (to K&N)....car has been run on DMS and Regal Motorsport's dyno's thereafter, turned out 310 and 312hp at the wheels respectively, which adding 15% is reasonably healthy

2 minutes ago, Craiglm68 said:

Dial back traction control....hit the PSM button? 😁

My remap was via DMS in Southampton, after a Carnewal GT and a minor air filter change (to K&N)....car has been run on DMS and Regal Motorsport's dyno's thereafter, turned out 310 and 312hp at the wheels respectively, which adding 15% is reasonably healthy

😁 By dialling back, I kind of meant proper off.

Great gains by DMS! What were the figures before the remap? If I could get 30-40hp extra now that would be great. I'm on a GT exhaust, BMC air filter, IPD plenum, GT3 throttle body.

• Like 1

Following this closely and some tangible gains from what you are saying here.

Fwiw and this is only what I am told that to really gain power you need to lose the cats or fit free flowing 200 Cel jobbies. It kind of make sense as not much point increasing air intake capacity if the car is strangled on the exhaust side. 

I asked Gert when I saw him and he said much the same. I've got my eye on a set of these www.topgear.co.uk/porsche-987-2-cayman-boxster-manifolds-and-cats