Cayman R Chat

3 minutes ago, Julian987 said:

Yet another Meteor Grey came up for sale today 

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202009113608574

how about that one? That got what you need, and sub 30K miles

This is not meant as an insult to anybody's car but that has the wrong seats and the wrong gearbox if your post was aimed at PorscheGT4.

• Founder
1 hour ago, swanny71 said:

Don’t know what size tank I have?

Small (54L) was standard on the R, if you had a larger tank (64L - standard size on other models) fitted it would be on your option sticker under the bonnet, code is 085 I think...

Got the old girl out from hibernation after a year of not much activity for its annual MOT  as always past with flying colours.

I hope next year it can get more exercise fingers crossed the pandemic buggers off.

Drove like a dream there and back.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone - new joiner to the forum.  I bought my R a couple of years ago & have been enjoying it around the Sussex countryside ever since.  It’s a 2012, and from what I read on this forum, a bit ‘soft’ being PDK and no sports seats, but were v few around & have been loving driving it with no regrets.  I used to have Lotus Elises, Z4M Coupe, i8, and my Porsche experience has been a 993 Targa (stolen), and 997C2 (rats nested over winter in the engine compartment & wrote off car)...so a bit nervous - but most enjoyable car I have had.   As this is a moderate/regular use car and makes the post-drop school run home through the downs so much more fun, I am looking to upgrade the ICE to something where the satnav works...is that a further black mark??

EA5BDDCE-8547-48C6-BA81-D0F64295FD1B.jpeg.ecb668485454a41ef08638384f264717.jpeg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RossKH said:

Thanks for the kind welcome.  Has anyone changed their PCM head unit to something with Bluetooth / apple play etc + have any advice on pros/ cons.

I changed my PCM to a Pioneer apple car play unit, much better AV experience in the car now. The PCM’s in the 987 are too dated now. 

You will require a new fascia, brackets etc and the wiring harness. I got this highly recommended one:

https://incartec.co.uk/part-search?s=FK-959-SWC 

Edited by Childsy