Beanoir's 996 C2

Beanoir™

• Founder
On 10/07/2020 at 07:50, Windymiller said:

Any thoughts of an informal SS run out in her sometime soon?

I was thinking about a Shuttleworth meet up...?

• Like 1

On 10/07/2020 at 19:43, Beanoir said:

I've also decided it probably sounds better than any other car I've owned...I think..?  

You may still be very slightly undecided from the 'probably' statement.......

I'm not though. That is flipping gorgeous. Proper on every level. Love it !

***I can feel the genuine enthusiasm in your posts too. ENJOY !

• Like 1

I like the wheels, the are period appropriate for the car. Maybe some black and silver centre caps, I prefer them to the coloured crests.

I reckon it could do with a 'Carrera' script on the boot lid also, maybe a black one.

3 hours ago, GlosRich said:

I like the wheels, the are period appropriate for the car. Maybe some black and silver centre caps, I prefer them to the coloured crests.

I reckon it could do with a 'Carrera' script on the boot lid also, maybe a black one.

But so where the .2 GT3 ones. Nonetheless this car is truly gorgeous @Beanoir and sounds great too!! 

• Like 1

• Founder
4 minutes ago, Andrea said:

But so where the .2 GT3 ones. Nonetheless this car is truly gorgeous @Beanoir and sounds great too!! 

I quite like the .2 GT3 wheels, quite expensive if you can find a set.  I don't know of any repros of that style wheel either... 

4 hours ago, GlosRich said:

I'm with @GlosRich on the wheels, I think they look excellent as they are.  Wheels make a car in my opinion but they are also in the eye of the beholder so it will have to be your choice ultimately and some will share your liking and others won't!  :3_grin:

• Like 1

Those wooden knobs are lovely, but I think they look better on a classic 911.

I've seen one on a Cayman also, looks too old school.

But thats just my opinion.

You're making good progress, very interesting to watch, keep up the good work.

• Like 1

Nick

Really like your attention to detailed and imagination. Looking forward to seeing how the car progresses.

• Like 1

• Founder

Thanks for the comments guys.  I’m going for a retro look, so the gear knob is really just the start.  

I’m waiting on my new coffin arms, tuning forks, drop links and arb bushes to arrive - hopefully in time for the weekend.  D911 seem to be one of those retailers that will happily take your money for something then email you the next day to say they’re waiting on stock!! Pisses me off!

I’d like to do the shocks and top mounts but, I’d also like to upgrade to the Ohlins kit so no point if I end up doing that.  

• Founder
On 20/07/2020 at 19:42, Windymiller said:

I love your knob Nick! 🤪

sorry, couldn’t resist the temptation 😉 (of the pun, not your knob - doh, done it again....🤔🤷‍♂️🙄🙃 )

They say every forum has one ;) 

edit: @Windymiller deleted your reply by accident...but yes, and we love you for it!