Beanoir's 996 C2

Beanoir™

• Founder
Just now, Andrea said:

Gorgeous car @Beanoir (minus the wheels personally 😛)  Show us more when you collect it please.

Question: why not a GT4 then? It would have been perfect after your R. Like the same but better....the evolution of the R effectively! Curious tho...

Do you know, I've had these wheels previously and they are god awful, difficult to keep clean, expensive to have refurbished properly and don't last long when they've been done.  It's something that cosmetically I'd quite like to change.  

I think the GT4 is a fantastic car, incredibly capable and flatters lesser drivers (like me).  I wanted something I could 'tinker' with, my last few cars have all been too new or too special to personalise much or for me to get under and get greasy.  With a 996 its old enough that I'm happy to personalise it a bit, do a lot of the maintenance and fixing myself and generally...well, tinker with it.  It's also cheaper than a GT4 which given we're looking to move house in the the near future is also something I need to consider.  I'll also admit, I just wanted to give a 911 a go, I've had so many mid-engined Porsches now, I fancied a taste of that rear engined driving experience.  

• Like 1

A nice design of wheels would be the 996.2 GT3 one! 

Fair answer! Makes totally sense and money wise they are so apart as well. I could have gone for a GT4 too but decided to invest more on my house (thanks God!) 

Although there will be a day when, hopefully, I'll own one! 

Shame for the Lotus, that's another box I'd love to tick: Exige Cup 430 🤤

• Like 1

• Founder
On 04/07/2020 at 12:53, Daz said:

Nick

Nice looking car. What spec is it?

Cheers Daz, 

Its a 2001 Carrera 2 Coupe.  Ordered originally under the Porsche Exclusive programme so has a build code of 09991 and included; 

- Full GT3 Aero Kit

- M030 Sports Chassis (lowered 10mm)

- GT3 Wheels 

- Hard Backed Sports Seats 

- Alcantara Headlining 

- Red Seat Belts 

- PSM

A few other bits but I forget now, fancy handbrake and gear shifter, cd changer etc.  

Its a really nice spec, you start off thinking there are LOADS of 996 for sale, but when you whittle it down to the spec you want, I had a choice of about 3 cars currently for sale.  I was specifically after pre-facelift 3.4 C2 Coupe, with the GT3 Aerokit and M030 chassis. 

Few bits I want to do to bring it up to scratch, the fun begins! (better start a build thread I guess).  

• Like 1

Sounds like you have hours of fun tinkering ahead of you. 

Stay safe and enjoy.

• Like 1

• Founder

I have also discovered some additional modifications the car has had over it's life including, K&N air filter and the Helmholtz removed, Dansk stainless exhausts, low temp thermostat and a deep baffled sump kit (I think from the X51 kit).  

Its also got racing brake fluid and millers nanotec oil, the previous owner clearly kept on top of things.  

• Like 1

Looks superb. I was searching for something similar back in Feb/March. I too had owned an Elise and was looking for the right car. Early 996 seemed the way to go but I ended up at Cayman S but could just as easily been 911 if the right one had cropped up at the time. 

Love the wheels which look great if running GT3 heights etc..Good luck with it and look forward to hearing updates 

• Like 1

Looks really nice, got to admire a purchaser that knows their specs and can hunt down the right car.

Slightly embarrassed / envious that you've had yours barely a week and already done so much more with it than I have done to mine in the 3 weeks I've owned it.  I've been hoping to drive mine all week but with the weather and work just haven't been able to and I'm away kayaking all weekend :10_wink:

• Like 1

Looks lovely and is in great condition.

I'd like to end up with a 911 at some stage. It is the daddy, and the back seats will be useful for my kinder!

• Like 1