Early morning drive- sunrise photos

MiloD

• MiloD changed the title to Early morning drive- sunrise photos
5 hours ago, Woodhouse said:

Nice picture!  Is it the car that was advertised by EVO Motors in Wiltshire?  

Thanks 👍. Yep, that’s the one. It’s since been treater to a set of H&R springs, an oil change, some new exhaust brackets, plenty of Super, and a load of the countryside in the South East. First foray into Porsche ownership after plenty of M cars, an S2000 and an S3. Needless to say I wont be looking back. Was thinking this morning just how good the steering feel is - better than any car I’ve owned / driven. 

1 hour ago, mc5 said:

Looks very nice how are you finding the h&r springs compared to oem 

Thanks. They are quite a bit firmer and initially I was concerned as the hugely compliant ride at whatever speed seemed compromised. There was more road buzz through the entire car and initially I thought it felt a little skittish. Oh no I thought, I’ve done the worst and sacrificed ride quality for vanity! 

I’ve had three good drives (about 250 miles on B and A roads) in her since, and my mind is changed. Yes there is more road buzz, and the road bumps aren’t ironed out, but to my mind the drive is better. On all but the worst road surfaces it feels far more planted (and this is a PASM car), it corners better; slightly less pitch and roll, and of course sits soooooo much better (they are far too high in factory guise, even with the 10mm PASM drop)  ... all that being said, in the recent past I’ve run an E46 M3 with Bilstein springs, a E36 M3 (track prepped car) with coil overs and an S2000 with Eibach springs - just so you can see what I’m comparing to. 

Honestly, I’d say it wont be for everyone. For me, this is a weekend car, and for that it’s ace. As a daily, some may not be happy. There is the Eibach 10 mm kit which is a happy half way ground. For reference the H&R 35 mm kit, dropped mine by 20mm front and 25mm rear which worked well as the rear sat quite a bit higher than the front. Final thing to say is that the PASM still works as intended and speed bumps need to be taken very carefully. 

Hopefully that helps. 

Edited by MiloD
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, MiloD said:

Thanks. They are quite a bit firmer and initially I was concerned as the hugely compliant ride at whatever speed seemed compromised. There was more road buzz through the entire car and initially I thought it felt a little skittish. Oh no I thought, I’ve done the worst and sacrificed ride quality for vanity! 

I’ve had three good drives (about 250 miles on B and A roads) in her since, and my mind is changed. Yes there is more road buzz, and the road bumps aren’t ironed out, but to my mind the drive is better. On all but the worst road surfaces it feels far more planted (and this is a PASM car), it corners better; slightly less pitch and roll, and of course sits soooooo much better (they are far too high in factory guise, even with the 10mm PASM drop)  ... all that being said, in the recent past I’ve run an E46 M3 with Bilstein springs, a E36 M3 (track prepped car) with coil overs and an S2000 with Eibach springs - just so you can see what I’m comparing to. 

Honestly, I’d say it wont be for everyone. For me, this is a weekend car, and for that it’s ace. As a daily, some may not be happy. There is the Eibach 10 mm kit which is a happy half way ground. For reference the H&R 35 mm kit, dropped mine by 20mm front and 25mm rear which worked well as the rear sat quite a bit higher than the front. Final thing to say is that the PASM still works as intended and speed bumps need to be taken very carefully. 

Hopefully that helps. 

I fitted H&R 35mm lowering springs over a year ago now and have never regretted it.  I didn't notice much change to the ride quality but it corners noticeably flatter and as you say looks far better than the standard ride height.  And getting the geo done also helps!

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/11/2020 at 12:23, Budflicker said:

That's a lovely looking car, I'm in Kent as well if you ever fancy meeting up for a drive.

Hi Bud, thank you. Would be good to meet up for a drive some time! Once all this is over perhaps we can sort something!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
On 26/09/2021 at 16:40, sham said:

lovely car mate, is that a gen1 or gen2 

That's a gen 2. The front fog lights are the most obvious way to pick between the two gens

On 18/11/2020 at 20:08, MiloD said:

Hi Bud, thank you. Would be good to meet up for a drive some time! Once all this is over perhaps we can sort something!

Totally new member but I am near the Kent border so if you guys are happy for another Cayman 987.2 Owner to tag along for a blast, I'd love to ogle your motors. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 05/10/2021 at 13:40, SwineEnthusiast said:

Totally new member but I am near the Kent border so if you guys are happy for another Cayman 987.2 Owner to tag along for a blast, I'd love to ogle your motors. 

Holy thread revival 😃 checkout pistonheads Kent and Essex forum, there’s a run this Sunday if you’re interested. 👍

• 1 month later...