Premium Membership

Tom

Cayman OC Membership Options  

15 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Administrators

Recent feedback from members suggests that some prefer to see less or no adverts on the website.  As some of you will appreciate the running costs of the club and website does unfortunately cost money.  We currently receive some funds from member donations, which is greatly appreciated and supportive, and we also receive some from selling the stickers and ad revenue.  This said, the costs still outweigh the revenue and the balance is still coming from the admin team pockets.  The team really love running and building the club, but as we grow so do the website costs and we should really be breaking even if we possibly can.  

The alternative to running advertising and the current donations is to look at introducing a membership fee for members, or a fee for premium membership which would provide an ad free route and other benefits.  We have always wanted to avoid a membership fee as we set out from day 1 to be free and accessible, but we're happy to consider something along these lines if there is appetite to go that route from enough members.  

The poll gives some options, and so feedback would be really helpful so we can ultimately try to provide the club and website/forum experience that you all want.  

T. 

• Like 1

If the forum became more active I would happily pay a fee as mentioned however I don't mind the advertising as I understand the costs behind a forum.

• Thanks 1

I can't say I've noticed the ads. They certainly haven't bothered me.

If there's free and paid membership, what will the free members lose out on and will it be interesting enough to make them want to pay? Or... will it upset them if there's a "class" structure?

Edited by DJMC
  • Thanks 1

• Administrators
13 hours ago, DJMC said:

I can't say I've noticed the ads. They certainly haven't bothered me.

If there's free and paid membership, what will the free members lose out on and will it be interesting enough to make them want to pay? Or... will it upset them if there's a "class" structure?

Not that I’m suggesting we’re going forward with a particular solution but a ‘free’ member wouldn’t lose out, but they would have access to the website and forum with revenue generating adverts on display.  The idea is to give other members an ad-free option and potentially with other benefits if they are interested in paying for club membership.  

• Administrators
On 05/04/2018 at 09:28, Craiglm68 said:

A tenner would be fine (or a little more if a sticker or similar thrown in....it's all about the freebies?!)

How about a t-shirt?? :108_metal:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...