What do you daily?

Aaron

Just interested in what most people drive as a daily (or whether you daily your Porsche)?  I did daily mine for 18 months but bought a dedicated daily when I started driving to work.  It was an FN2 Civic but instant regret followed.  I now daily an S2000.

BMW 5 series m sport nice car for munching the miles only a 2 litre d really economical on a run  can get 50mpg

96EB247A-F3DD-47F4-B142-965E5A968169.jpeg

Doors, comfort, economy... Can't fault a 5 series.

The only car I've ever owned that would do remotely around 50mpg was my old PD 130 Golf!  My S2000 will do 28mpg if I'm gentle for the tank... 

1-6-898x558.jpg.27db5736348ba0eb9dd5c3e7d959f21c.jpg

17mpg is rather annoying but makes up for it in every other aspect.

Once you have a Range Rover it's very hard to go away from them.

Makes the Cayman feel mega special at the weekend too

Kia Sportage (rockin’ 🤟)

only drive 5 miles to the station, then sit on a train for 50 minutes to the Big Smoke - but boy, has that baby got some torque. It can haul ~100 tons from 0 to 60 in about 90 seconds... 😉🚉

• Haha 1

2007 Volvo V50 2.0D Sport.....in black.........firmer suspension....and a RICA  remap (179bhp, and 360nm), coming up to 183K miles . It's my weekly commuter (I spend a few days a week based in London so drive up from Poole), and manages 50+ mpg sitting at motorway speeds. She's done some advanced driver training days with me, including at Millbrook (I saw 134mph on the high speed bowl). Same chassis as the Ford Focus and Mazda 3 of the time, so not the world's worst drive in the twisty stuff. Not quite on par with the CS however.....

2004 Polo 1.9 SDi. 

150,000 miles

60mpg

Non-turbo diesel

£600. 

Makes the Porsche feel colossal in comparison. My wife has a 2019 Mercedes E-Class for when the dogs need to travel with us. 

Recently changed from AUDI S3 to VW Touareg Rline Plus, didn’t see the point of the S3 and Cayman so opted for something with a bit more comfort for my daily ( was ready for a change anyway)etc. The only problem is now my carbon footprint is about the size of the county of Lincolnshire, don’t think Mr and Mrs Polar Bear would approve.

BMW 335D M sport touring. By far the best non-Porsche car I have driven. Fantastic all round car and 39MPG is not that's bad for something with enough torque to pull the tarmac off the road. 

• Like 1

Vauxhall Corsa 1.4 it's a pretty awful car but super cheap to run and does what I need it to. Dont have to worry about leaving it at the train station or parked outside. Gives me more to spend on the Cayman and makes me really enjoy it at weekends.

• 1 month later...

Civic Type R GT (2010 FN2) and 2017 S3 Black Edtn  (310hp version) - guess which one the Mrs bags and I hardly ever drive!!!  The S3 is quick but dull as anything - not a patch on the Golf R we had prior but it was a very good deal so in it came! Amazing how different 2 cars of such close mechanical specs can be so different and its mostly in the steering. The CTR has only been mine for 6 months and already I am surprised that I've never had one before - its on 88k miles but doesn't miss a beat, feels like its done 40k and has kept in remarkably good condition inside and out. Great fun to hoon, but also OK on a run even though suspension is proper rock hard.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 14/04/2019 at 12:32, Aaron said:

Just interested in what most people drive as a daily (or whether you daily your Porsche)?  I did daily mine for 18 months but bought a dedicated daily when I started driving to work.  It was an FN2 Civic but instant regret followed.  I now daily an S2000.

Great choice Aaron! I've come from an S2000 to a Cayman. I had 4 S2000's in total and still miss it for lots of reasons.

I daily an E92 325d now though, had to make the choice as my commute was 34 miles each way until recently.

Where in Wales are you by the way? I'm relocating to South Wales...